What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i or shouldnt i????

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really on the fence. Want one but am afraid the lack of retina is gonna bother me. What's an Applechick to do?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends how badly you want it. I use an iPad 2 with no problems and the mini screen is going to be somewhat better than that, so I'd say go for it. It'll give you an excuse to buy a 4 later when you decide you have to have the Retina Display. Safety in numbers.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the iPad mini yesterday and I love it. It doesn't have the retina display but that isn't noticeable at all. I've been watching movies and surfing websites and I don't see any difference between this and my iPhone 4S.. except for the larger screen. I think too many people are making too big a deal about the lack of retina on the mini.

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
I bought the iPad mini yesterday and I love it. It doesn't have the retina display but that isn't noticeable at all. I've been watching movies and surfing websites and I don't see any difference between this and my iPhone 4S.. except for the larger screen. I think too many people are making too big a deal about the lack of retina on the mini.

I agree 100% with what you said "your last sentence"

Sent from my iPad Mini

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You get 14 days to return it to an apple store if you don't like it (if you buy it from apple). You get slightly longer if you buy it from them online. I get 60 days if I buy from best buy but I'm one of their special customers.

The mini is the real deal. It plays games better than the full sized iPads. It is easier to hold if put in a case, IMO. Not having retina is not bothering me. My retina iPad is on charge as I will use it tomorrow at work.

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
You get 14 days to return it to an apple store if you don't like it (if you buy it from apple). You get slightly longer if you buy it from them online. I get 60 days if I buy from best buy but I'm one of their special customers.

The mini is the real deal. It plays games better than the full sized iPads. It is easier to hold if put in a case, IMO. Not having retina is not bothering me. My retina iPad is on charge as I will use it tomorrow at work.

I feel the same way, but some people need to have that super-rich-retina display to satisfy there needs (what ever they may be) but the mini provides the quality that suites me and I will NOT be returning mine. It's so nice to be developing wallpapers on a screen like this so I can show people and get there opinions. Love the Mini and Always will.

Sent from my iPad Mini

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gave in and ordered one. According to FedEx I should have it tomorrow!! :)

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just took it out of the box 5 min ago!!! Put on my Moshi ivisor screen protector and slipped it into an invellop black case! This was the first app I downloaded! :)

First impression- WOW! It's so thin and wonderful to handle. I think me and mini are really gonna be great friends!!!

Ps I DO notice the lack of retina however I'm hoping as time goes on it won't be an issue as my eyes will adapt!

So far very happy :))

The_iPad_mini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mini (black, 32GB wifi) and I get along great, and I have no problems with the display.

Most reactions

Latest posts