What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I do factory install for sluggish ipad?

carbonel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my iPad since Thanksgiving 2010, and I'm the sort of person who puts machines through their paces. I've downloaded and uninstalled all sorts of apps, and have loaded up my 64 gigabyte machine with close to 40 gigs of music, PDFs, and other electronic document files.

As of late, it seems to be particularly sluggish. I've closed all of the multitasking apps, and I've done several rounds of reboots. (Both types of reboots: power switch held down until it reboots and power/home held down until it reboots.)

Is a factory reinstall a useful solution to this problem? If I do such a reinstall, are there any things I should know up front?

Also, I'm confused about the role a backup will play in this process. If I restore from a backup, wouldn't that just restore the files/apps that might be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Aaron

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section of the Forum, where I think it might receive better attention.

Tim

Reaction score
Have you tried an app called xsysinfo? It helps mine a ton when it gets sluggish
Also I'm not clear on if you did a hold power and home button until it shuts off , continue to hold until it comes on then shuts off again, leave off for about a minute or 2 reboot . If so sorry , if not, it may help as well.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
C

carbonel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Mark! Will definitely try xsysinfo before performing a factory reinstall. I have been doing the power button / home button combo, and it still seems sluggish.

Most reactions