What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i buy the new ipad3 ?

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or some other tablet?
I am reading posts on this forum about users complaining that their new ipad gets to hot, or that the battery charges to long or gets low quickly.
I have no tablet, but i want to buy one. I will use it for surfing on the web and studying mostly, and ofcourse to play some games :).
I thought to buy the 32GB wifi version and the smart cover for it.
One problem is that i cant buy it in my country now. But i am going to sweden next week, so i thought to buy it there and test it for all these problems u have mentioned here, for that i will have only one week. So, if u suggest me to buy The Ipad, how should i test it while I am still able to get a replacement in Sweden?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for the New iPad

I have had the iPad, iPad2 and now new iPad, all 64 gig wifi/3 or 4G.

Hot? Yes it has been tested at 94 degrees F under normal use. Less than body temperature. Under extremely heavy gaming use, a testing organization read 116 degrees F briefly. My MacBook Pro reads 130 degrees as I write this. If it takes a few moments longer to charge than the previous versions I will never know it as I simply plug it in when it gets down to 20% or so at bed time. I don't use it a lot when I am asleep. I run mine for several days, occasionally a week, on a charge. Try that with your android ice cream soda or jelly bean or whatever they are calling them.

Compare the number of available apps between the iPad and the ice cream social wanna be.

ROV_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I held off on the iPad purchase because I have no need for it yet. But there is not question as to whether I would buy an iPad or other tablet. Apple is a great company that makes high quality products, their staff stands behind their products and their users do as well. I did buy an iPad for my wife last week and "we" love it. I will wait until the next upgrade comes out before i get mine. The iPad will do you justice, treat it well and buy a case that protects the front and back because you likely don't have a genius bar where you live either.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
Or some other tablet?
I am reading posts on this forum about users complaining that their new ipad gets to hot, or that the battery charges to long or gets low quickly.
I have no tablet, but i want to buy one. I will use it for surfing on the web and studying mostly, and ofcourse to play some games :).
One problem is that i cant buy it in my country now. But i am going to sweden next week, so i thought to buy it there and test it for all these problems u have mentioned here, for that i will have only one week. So, if u suggest me to buy The Ipad, how should i test it while I am still able to get a replacement in Sweden?

I have none of hose problems mentioned on mine. However you will want to test everything when you get it to make exchange easier while you are there. Fully discharge and recharge a few times. Turn your brightness high while testing it. Reset it a few times. Test all the buttons and take a 3.5 headphone with you. Test wireless thoroughly. Download a game that uses the CPU heavily and run it for an hour.

OP
R

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your advices, i will post again when i get the Ipad

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
Or some other tablet?

It's all up to you, I personally love my iPad 3, I recently sold my laptop since the new ivy bridge CPUs will arrive soon. The iPad came out and this has been a perfect laptop replacement :) I edit videos for YouTube here, read, surf, game....and it perfect. I have a 64 GB wifi only. Some people have been complaining about everything....mine is perfect so far.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you not want to get one?

The heat issue is normal.. in my honest opinion it doesn't get hot. People are just complaining about it. Before my 3 I had an overclocked Thrive at 1.4ghz max and 900mhz min. Gov setting... I don't remember. Now.. that got "hot". This doesn't get hot.. lol.

If you're just going to do browsing online and watch some videos.. I think the 2 would suffice if you want to save some. Otherwise, the 3 is pretty nice :)

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go for it, it's a great device. This is my second IPad, I love it. I've tried other tablets, but like my iPad the best.
Just test it out, and see how you like it. Good luck.

OP
R

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the new ipad has arrived :)
its a bit confusing this new os, after using windows :S
what do u suggest me first to do (witch apps to install ect)
Edit:what screen protection is best for the new iPad, I have an ipad2 screen protector but the screen doesn't look soon good with it

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
the new ipad has arrived :)
its a bit confusing this new os, after using windows :S
what do u suggest me first to do (witch apps to install ect)
Edit:what screen protection is best for the new iPad, I have an ipad2 screen protector but the screen doesn't look soon good with it

There is no need for a screen protector on the iPad. The glass can stand years of daily use without issue.
I've never had a screen protector on my iPhone 4 and I use it much more.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no need for a screen protector on the iPad. The glass can stand years of daily use without issue.
I've never had a screen protector on my iPhone 4 and I use it much more.

+1. The exception might be of you have small kids. I don't so zero need for something to lessen the screen viewing.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
+1. The exception might be of you have small kids. I don't so zero need for something to lessen the screen viewing.

I have two kids and never had a screen protector on a phone nor iPad... My children know they can use it whilst sat down like me, it's not a toy :)

Still loving my tucano cornice case on mine...

OP
R

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am student and need to have some pdf documents on my ipad
but i dont know how to download them
i find the files with safari, and i can open them in safari but i dont know how to download them on my ipad :S
Also, is there any free msn app witch can do video chat?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
i am student and need to have some pdf documents on my ipad
but i dont know how to download them
i find the files with safari, and i can open them in safari but i dont know how to download them on my ipad :S
Also, is there any free msn app witch can do video chat?

You need an app to be able to do that. A popular one out of many available is FileApp there is a free and a more powerful paid version. You can then download from Safari directly into fileapp. There's lots of info on this site. Do a search on PDF and office documents.

Most reactions

Latest posts