What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i buy a keyboard

roma9019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone has a keyboard working with the iPad, are you happy with the keyboard?

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i love my apple wireless keyboard-after returning new model *

Does anyone has a keyboard working with the iPad, are you happy with the keyboard?

and looking around on craigs for model "A"keyboard as the new apple wireless bluetooth keyboard
is not yet fully compatible till os 5!
meaning brightness and volume hot keys dont work
so if you want full compatability now then get older model A and not B model keyboard

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the official iPad keyboard dock for the office. I love it and could not live without it for 9-5 tasks (which tend to be text intensive).
At home I have no need for a dedicated keyboard for my iPad and don't miss it at all!

HeatherLarea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Logitech Keyboard Case for Zagg. I use this ALL THE TIME for school. I also have the apple wireless keyboard but haven't used it since I got the Zagg.

OP
R

roma9019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I have the official iPad keyboard dock for the office. I love it and could not live without it for 9-5 tasks (which tend to be text intensive).
At home I have no need for a dedicated keyboard for my iPad and don't miss it at all!

Thanks

OP
R

roma9019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cayleg said:
and looking around on craigs for model "A"keyboard as the new apple wireless bluetooth keyboard
is not yet fully compatible till os 5!
meaning brightness and volume hot keys dont work
so if you want full compatability now then get older model A and not B model keyboard

Thanks

OP
R

roma9019

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HeatherLarea said:
I have the Logitech Keyboard Case for Zagg. I use this ALL THE TIME for school. I also have the apple wireless keyboard but haven't used it since I got the Zagg.

Thank you, i will considerate to buy logitech keyboard

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello Roma - sure many of us have keyboards (KB) for the iPad (and there are plenty of previous threads on this topic - try a search - :))

For myself, I have the Apple BT KB which works well for us (limitations do exit as others have suggested which may improve w/ a new OS release?) - if you need to write long emails, type into a word processing program (such as Pages or others), or enter a LOT of data into other apps, then I would strongly consider that you obtain a KB - good luck w/ your choice; there are plenty of options; again, try searching the forum.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bunch of options.

() Apple Wireless Keyboard (already mentioned). Combine with the Origami Workstation or a new folio case from (sorry, cannot remember...do a search) that holds the AWK and the iPad.

() Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth Portable keyboard. Much cheaper than the AWK. A bit wider but still portable. One of the best portable keyboards around with great ergonomics. Available from Amazon and others.

() Logitech makes several models including a folding near full size keyboard. A little spendy but doubles as a back protector. They also make an Origami Workstation-like system that includes a good keyboard with an iPad stand. Less expensive than the OW+AWK combo.

() Gobs of combo iPad/keyboard cases from various vendors. Some identical. Some cheap. Some expensive. Best known is the Zaggmate case. Be careful if you're used to a full size keyboard. Because they combine a case fitted to the width of the iPad with a keyboard it means the keyboard is cramped. Might not bother you. I hate 'em.

() Less expensive folding keyboards that are very portable but may not be very durable. Again, do a search for the exact names.

ride7227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a Universal Keyboard

I purchased the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for my iPad 2. Works great for those times intensive typing is needed. I also have a Dell PC with its own dedicated bluetooth keyboard (Microsoft Arc). Would love to know if there is a universal keyboard that would work with both the iPad and the Dell laptop so I dont have to carry multiple keyboards on business trips. Any ideas?

Ride

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for my iPad 2. Works great for those times intensive typing is needed. I also have a Dell PC with its own dedicated bluetooth keyboard (Microsoft Arc). Would love to know if there is a universal keyboard that would work with both the iPad and the Dell laptop so I dont have to carry multiple keyboards on business trips. Any ideas?

Ride

I can use my Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth Portable Keyboard with both my laptop and my iPad. I LOVE that keyboard. It's less than half the price of the Apple Wireless Keyboard (on Amazon), has better key action, is ergonomically curved to avoid wrist strain, and is very, very durable. The only reason I have the Apple Wireless Keyboard is that unlike the Microsoft keyboard, it fits into the Origami Workstation and the keyboard and iPad can be placed in my Waterfield Designs "Travel Express" bag for the iPad. The Microsoft 6000 keyboard is just a bit too wide for that. Otherwise, the Microsoft keyboard is GREAT!

P.S. I'm assuming, of course, that you can use a bluetooth keyboard on your laptop. If not, I think you may be up a creek without a paddle.

Last edited:

Mactire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently considering buying an iPad, and I really like the iPad dockconnetor to give it a permanent place on my desktop to work and to charge. But, I have to get an iPad first ^_^

Anyway, I've played with my friends iPad and the Wii Wireless keyboard also works. It's made by logitech and costs very little, a mere €25,-

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just got the [FONT=DroidSansWeb, 'Droid Sans', DroidSans, Arial, sans-serif]Logitech iPad 2 Tablet Keyboard for review, i like it, the idea of carrying your case around separate to the iPad makes your iPad keep its slick look. the Keyboard shell transforms into a stand with a multiple viewing angles.
quite cool. search for it.
or you can see it on our site:
[/FONT]Logitech iPad Keyboard review

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I got the bluetooth apple keyboard for my Mac that works with the iPad.

It really depends on what you are doing, if you are writing something long like a long blog post or a word document or something like that the keyboard is useful.
For general use, I found it to be annoying.

Most reactions

Latest posts