What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing and Exploring Lightt; the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lightt is a brand new social app for creating and sharing short videos made of ten pictures (or more), and somehow not like either medium. I'm not much into the social part, but it's an intriguing (to me) opportunity to be creative.

I'd like this to be a place for people to share their creative ideas. No need to be shy about how they turn out. It's the fun of experimenting I'm after. And yes, people should feel free to steal ideas from me. I won't hesitate to try something I like if I see it here. :D

Here is my latest, and in my opinion best effort to date.

Reflected Lightt

This is the reflection (played on the iPad in a browser) that you see in the glasses.

It's just a bit breezy.

The app is free, so the cost of entry is only the amount of time you are willing to invest.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One more, just because.

Playing with a harmonica.

I turned off the lights and used the visualizer in iTunes on the iMac to create some colorful backlights. I then used the iPad (turned off) to reflect a bit of that light back to the front of the harmonica. The final result is more a matter of getting tired with the experiment than achieving exactly what I wanted, which was the harmonica lit up a bit more, revealing more of it's shape.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm struggling a bit with Lightt. I guess I have to use it more to get better usage. I wish their menus were better.

My wish list is.
1. A better editing feature for comments. For example the ability to delete words without deleting the images in order to amend or remove a comment.
2. Clear guidance on how to post links to your clips in iPF.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm struggling a bit with Lightt. I guess I have to use it more to get better usage. I wish their menus were better.

My wish list is.
1. A better editing feature for comments. For example the ability to delete words without deleting the images in order to amend or remove a comment.
2. Clear guidance on how to post links to your clips in iPF.

1. I agree that they need to beef up the editing features. Mostly I want to be able to crop and rearrange the clips. There were a few improvements with the first update.

2. What I did was go to the Me section, tap on the timeline so it stops playing, scroll to the section I want to post, tap the share icon (box/arrow) and chose Share by Email. You can copy the URL from the email then paste it into the iPF app when posting.

Cancel and Delete the draft, or send it if you want a handy copy for later.

But since the update you can just choose to Copy Link to Clipboard instead, which is faster, unless you want the email anyway.

Most reactions