What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This book is friggin awesome! I almost read the whole thing last night but decided to finish it this morning. I highly recommend it! It's 9.99 in both the iBooks and kindle app so i bought it in the kindle app but either way I don't think you will regret it. However, if you are some uptight person there is a lot of swearing.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Just picked it up on a torrent, will check it out later.......

When I saw the cover with the baseball uniforms, I knew I had to at least give it a try :)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's going to be a tv show next fall, with William Shatner playing the dad.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll definitely be watching, assuming it is as good as his book.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Read first chapter.... Funny stuff...

The dad reminds me of a boss my wife had about 15 years ago. A foul mouthed old codger (and in his case a real bigot) but I had to laugh at some of the things he came up with.....

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Read first chapter.... Funny stuff...

The dad reminds me of a boss my wife had about 15 years ago. A foul mouthed old codger (and in his case a real bigot) but I had to laugh at some of the things he came up with.....

A friend at work and I were just discussing how some old folks lose their filters and just start saying pretty much whatever's on their minds, like the 90-something lady recently forced to retire for her comments about the Middle East. The dad in the book sounds like that. Betty White seems to be revitalizing her career with it.

Bigsauce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a classic. I doubt I will watch the TV Series since Shatner isn't what I pictured as the dad. But the book delivers HUGE. I don't think I ever laughed so hard.

Reading The Passage right now, totally different book but still amazing.

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just started reading this 2 days ago while at work and just about finished it today, i must say this is a must have, very easy reading also. very funny, i can safely say i will be reading this one more then once. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts