What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting wallpaper

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
When I try to set wallpaper from one of my photos I am presented with a choice to "Move and Scale" but when I try to scale the photo just bounces back to the way it was at first.. I must be missing something. TIA for your help!

Sent from my iPad using 

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, that's one of the limitations (goofs?) of Apple's iOS 7 and the setting of wallpaper on the iPad. In other words, it doesn't work well. One thing you can do is set "Reduce Motion" to ON (it's located in your Settings app, under General > Accessibility). But, it still doesn't help you set the wallpaper as you used to under iOS 6 and lower.

A lot of people have had success with the app "Wallpaper Fix" (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wallpaper-fix-rotate-scale/id765059392?mt=8). When used, the app, which is $.99 (USD) creates a black border around the picture. Then, when you go to apply it as a wallpaper, you are able to scroll and zoom. I've used it with success.

Maybe it'll help you?

Marilyn

OP
TMWeddle

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Thanks, I gave it a try - works pretty well. It seems odd that Apple hasn't caught this problem and fixed it. It obviously has been noticed by many since the is an app as a fix. Thanks, again, TMW

Sent from my iPad using 

Most reactions

Latest posts