What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up new network

mugsy06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Morning, I bought my Son an iPad 2 for Christmas and, an Apple Airport Express. He has a Toshiba Laptop and Roadrunner for ISP. No router. The iPad 2 is only Wi Fi, so I need to hook up the Airport Express to provide WiFi for him. Keeping in mind that I am totally brain dead when it comes to routers, etc. how should I set this network up... Through the laptop or through the iPad. I've read the instructions with the AE.. It seems fairly simple, but, I don't know. I need help from you, my computer savvy friends. Thanks in advance for your help. Oh, step by step instructions would be wonderful !!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have moved your post into the iPad help section as not everyone browses the new member section, hopefully you will get the help here that you need, good luck!

The Archangel

OP
M

mugsy06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much. After I posted, I realized I made a mistake !! Have a great New Year !!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mugsy06 said:
Thanks so much. After I posted, I realized I made a mistake !! Have a great New Year !!!

No problem, it's what we are here for......BTW, I don't use Windows but when playing about with my network settings I always go to my laptop.....if that's of any help?

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would use the AirPort utility on the iPad. This offers the simplest way to set up an Airport Express, and it won't affect the ability of other computers to connect. You're unlikely to need the more nuanced settings that might be available using the Windows version of the setup utility.

OP
M

mugsy06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses... I'm heading over to my Son's apartment now.. I'll let you know how I make out !! My Son is Developmentally Disabled and Mildly Mentally Retarded. When I got my iPad he loved it and caught on to it immediately !! So, we got him one for Christmas... He was thrilled !! Once I get the network up an running, he'll be ecstatic !!

OP
M

mugsy06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did it, I did it, I did it !!!! Thank you all sooo much !!! It took me a hot 10 minutes.. And my Son is thrilled to death !! Started using his iPad immediately.. I can't thank you enough !!!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mugsy06 said:
I did it, I did it, I did it !!!! Thank you all sooo much !!! It took me a hot 10 minutes.. And my Son is thrilled to death !! Started using his iPad immediately.. I can't thank you enough !!!!

Well done to you.....congratulations and really glad to hear that your son is happy!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

That sound wonderful!! Have fun, both of you on your new iPads!

Most reactions

Latest posts