What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

setting up a printer to ipad2

gidget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there,
i am having trouble setting up a hp wireless printer all in 1 series B110A to my ipad 2 all goes ok on printer when setting up but when start printing from ipad2 it doesnt detect the printer, i read on another forum that someone suggested a finger print what is this? how does this work? where do i get one? and will this work for me?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there,
i am having trouble setting up a hp wireless printer all in 1 series B110A to my ipad 2 all goes ok on printer when setting up but when start printing from ipad2 it doesnt detect the printer, i read on another forum that someone suggested a finger print what is this? how does this work? where do i get one? and will this work for me?

The iPad uses a new printing technology known as AirPrint and only certain printers currently support it. You can check on the Apple web site whether your particular printer is currently supported. If not, then FingerPrint is a program that runs on your PC that makes it 'look' like an AirPrint compatible printer. When you try to print from your iPad, the printing data is sent from your iPad to your PC via WiFi and then the PC converts that information into a form that is compatible with your printer.

You can get a free 7-day version of FingerPrint from here to see if it works for you before purchasing the unlimited version.

Collobos Software

Tim

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Attachments

• image-2085575135.png
    image-2085575135.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 761

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cant you just buy an app like Print central, like I did and u can run any printer with out needing yr desktop top be on at all..... some where on this forrum one of the admins did a great write up for noobs like us.... I will see if I can foind the the thread. I am running a cheap $84 Hp printer I got from JB hi fi....:)

Im back I found the link : http://www.ipadforums.net/airprint/21163-ipad-printing-hp-printer.html

Last edited:

malea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad was working fine and print outs were good earlier, now a days I am facing some problems with it. It's not printing.

I just got XXxXXXremoved link. Admin XXxXXxx from inkman, the printer is working fine and the printing is very good (as earlier).

The problem came when I tried ipad, its not working. Can anyone guest what could be the reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

banksiabytes

malea said:
My iPad was working fine and print outs were good earlier, now a days I am facing some problems with it. It's not printing.

The problem came when I tried ipad, its not working. Can anyone guest what could be the reason?

What printing app were/are you using? Did you upgrade the iOS between working and not working? The 'free' printing methods stopped with iOS5 .

Most reactions