What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seoul Man...

Draper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello forum folks,

I'm Draper, an American who lives, teaches and studies in Seoul, South Korea. Although the iPad has not been announced for Korea, I am proud to say that I'm the owner of 64GB 3G model.

I am also a 3GS user.

I have big plans for using the iPad for educational purposes in my teaching, and in my own studies.

I have chosen the moleskine-lookalike DODOCASE to wrap 'round my newest computing device.

I enjoy photography, but am still waiting to take delivery of the (elusive) photo adapter kit.

I look forward to contributing (in what ways that I can) to the discussions, and figure to be among the most broken-hearted of members when Apple announces the new iPad with Facetime.

I don't know what else to say, but I'm happy to have a place to find answers.

Nice to meet all of you,

Draper

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome!

i believe NateON is available as an app. have you looked in any other korean apps?

OP
Draper

Draper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome!

i believe NateON is available as an app. have you looked in any other korean apps?

Because I used the iPhone since December, I already downloaded and used a lot of Korean Apps (I only used the Korean iTunes store, and I didn't get my US iTunes account until last month). Most of the apps should have no problem scaling up, but I'm looking forward to many of the developers to update their programs to support iOS4 and iPad.

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome!

Because I used the iPhone since December, I already downloaded and used a lot of Korean Apps (I only used the Korean iTunes store, and I didn't get my US iTunes account until last month). Most of the apps should have no problem scaling up, but I'm looking forward to many of the developers to update their programs to support iOS4 and iPad.
can you tell me where to access korean itunes?

OP
Draper

Draper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to make an account with a different email address (from whichever account you are currently using) and use a Korean credit card. If you don't have, or can't get a Korean credit card, I know that Hana Bank offers Visa gift cards that should work instead of a "real" credit card (as many people outside of the United States, use this method to access the US iTunes store). If you are not in Korea, you can probably make arrangements with someone you trust in Korea to buy the gift card and send you the CC# and expiration date to create the account.

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to make an account with a different email address (from whichever account you are currently using) and use a Korean credit card. If you don't have, or can't get a Korean credit card, I know that Hana Bank offers Visa gift cards that should work instead of a "real" credit card (as many people outside of the United States, use this method to access the US iTunes store). If you are not in Korea, you can probably make arrangements with someone you trust in Korea to buy the gift card and send you the CC# and expiration date to create the account.
tks, i'll look into this. i'm also heading over there in sept so my local relatives may be able to help me out too! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts