What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling laptop + iPod for iPad?

Inception

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I have come to the light that modern flash games are mediocre. What if I sold my laptop + ipod touch + (possibly xbox) for an iPad? I would be using less energy, using less space, not spending as much money, and helping the environment.

Your input will greatly sway my descision, so be careful what you say.

(Oh yeah, and its a big bulky dell vostro thats only worth $300)

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If all you are doing is limited games, a bit of web browsing, email and the like then the iPad will fulfil those functions BUT until iOS5 is released you ware still captive to iTunes so if you sell your PC where will iTunes live?

OP
Inception

Inception

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But theres and iTunes app where i can download apps and songs

Oh and there are three other computers in the house

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you have a great plan. Make sure you keep us informed about your progress and how well your iPad replaces your laptop. I agree that flash games are mediocre, and they will be coming to the iPad - do you really think zynga will let all that potential income go for long?

Good luck!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And you can replace your family sedan with a scooter if your only requirement is an occasional trip to the market. The point is that an iPad is a great device with many advantages over a laptop if you use it for the purposes for which it was intended. Trying to stretch its capabilities to match those of a full-fledged computer, though, works only if you're not fully utilizing the capabilities of the latter.

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It all depends on what you do besides gaming and if the iPad can do that as well.

Don't expect games on the iPad to come close to games on the Xbox, but you don't seem tied to the top tier games.

One nice advantage of iPad gaming is that games cost a lot less so you can buy a lot more of them ;)

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad and since then I had never ever touch my Dell Hackintosh, I been thinking on selling it just because is a waste sitting there. You will not regret and specially if you have more computers at home.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions