What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking good password manager

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use ipad2 with Safari.

On my home computer, I use roboform, where it runs on my computer without sending anything to the cloud. That is, not roboform everywhere.

I am looking for an app that will list my sites and when I click it have safari go to the site and fill in the I'd and password.

Or if I can just have safari go to the site, I want to employ a password manager right there where I just call it, enter a master password, and have it fill in the correct ID and password.

I want it free or low cost, say under five bucks.

Roboform will not be suitable because I think only Roboform Everywhere is available.

Hope this post makes sense.

Any ideas?

Mel

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use DataVault, it is able to synch cross platform , iPad, iPhone, pc , Mac, galaxy, 10$ though but really good, tried all the other junk.

OP
C

Compiler777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read some reviews by users on roboform for iPad and last pass. I think I'll keep on looking.

Mel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does not meet your requirement for free, or even low cost, but:

1Password can be on all your devices and computers. On your iPad it has a built in browser, or you can open the site in Safari; per your first scenario. On the computer it has a plug in that acts like your second scenario; with the master password. Finally, the best feature, it can be kept in sync on all devices using a DropBox account; and if necessary you can access your passwords via a web browser at DropBox.

You'll be hard pressed to find a password manager with as many features or more universally available, but, it is expensive. Worth it though, at least in my experience.

Last edited:

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Norton antivirus has an excellent form/id/password automatic form filler for Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 (I think) 32 bit. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything like that out there yet for iPad. Most of what I've seen seems to work off a separate browser.

Are there any that work within Safari? A very nice browser, by the way.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Safari on the iPad does not allow plugins; and so you will find no password manager that can work from within the app. There is also no way for the password manager to pass the login and password when open Safari from that app, so all it can do is open Safari for you, not log in. (sorry if my first post seemed imply this was possible).

That leaves you with two choices. The copy and paste method, which can only copy one item (password or userID), or a built in browser.

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another vote for 1password. Great app. Can be used on all your devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It does not meet your requirement for free, or even low cost, but:

1Password can be on all your devices and computers. On your iPad it has a built in browser, or you can open the site in Safari; per your first scenario. On the computer it has a plug in that acts like your second scenario; with the master password. Finally, the best feature, it can be kept in sync on all devices using a DropBox account; and if necessary you can access your passwords via a web browser at DropBox.

You'll be hard pressed to find a password manager with as many features or more universally available, but, it is expensive. Worth it though, at least in my experience.

I don't trust Dropbox as a passwords database synch even if encrypted.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1password is 15$ for ipad and iphone and 50$ for the windows app, DataVault , is 10$ for iPad/iPhone app, 10$ for windows app, it can use Dropbox to synch but I never use it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't trust Dropbox as a passwords database synch even if encrypted.

Double encrypted actually, since both DropBox and the app encrypt.

Still, neither here nor there. If you don't trust your passwords online, then that's the end of it. You can sync your 1Password files with your computer by wi-fi, but it's manual.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Double encrypted actually, since both DropBox and the app encrypt.

Still, neither here nor there. If you don't trust your passwords online, then that's the end of it. You can sync your 1Password files with your computer by wi-fi, but it's manual.

Seems that both apps are very similar , pity they don't have trials to test , I just noticed you have to also pay for the 1password iPhone app as well, so total investment 80$ , if i had to buy from scratch I would probably go for the cheaper app as our exchange rate to dollars is 8.5 to 1

Most reactions

Latest posts