What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrolling not possible sometimes?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know you need to use two fingers to scroll inside a frame, but what's the reason for this not working in some places? I've authored a site where two fingers work at all parts except one, and I'm quite sure all frames are written the same... Could, in this case, be frames within frames, if I give it a closer thought...

Any thoughts on this?

//Stefan 

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the JB section with a redirect, because I think from your PM it's likely to be a JB-specific issue.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stefan:

Can you share that link with us to see if we can (1) duplicate your problem and (2) see if we can "fiddle" with it to try to get it to work?

Cause I have run into sites (namely, Angel on my college's website) that will NOT scroll further than what's on the screen no matter what I do. And, I don't know why... So, maybe that's your case?

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I looked at that site with my iPad and with my Windows machine running Firefox. The trouble areas are the tabs where the scrolling is inside the boundaries of that barn-like structure: Rekordsidan and Styrelsen/Nyheter. They don't scroll at all on my iPad (and I tried, in Atomic Web Browser, IDing the browser as iPad Safari, desktop Safar, Firefox and IE).

It worked worse when I actually used the iPad Safari app (the Gastbok didn't work and I could barely access the Tidigare resultat and Blider/pressklipp dropdowns).

I wonder if it's that gray stonework at the bottom? It might be overriding the ability of the iPad to access the scrolling part? What if you were to remove that gray part and allow the barn (?) to have no floor so as to allow scrolling?

That's all I've got. Sorry to be of not much use. However, I will tell you that, although I can't understand a word :)D), it's a pretty site when accessed via my desktop's Firefox.

Sorry not better help.

Marilyn

OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the appraisal, Marilyn! I've actually written every single line of code for this. Even drawn all the graphics. But, I wrote this many a years ago, and it works fully only in IE up to version 8... Although, I'm very proud of some of it, and even if it's an old project it still lives. And it was great fun writing it! Thanks for your assistance too! 

//Stefan 

Most reactions

Latest posts