What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen rotation lock button stopped working after installing iOS 4.2

Adde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just installed iOS 4.2. Strangely my screen rotation button has changed function and has now become a mute button instead.

How can i get the original function back?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Go back to 3.2.2. This has been well documented.

double-click the home button and swipe you finger to the right on the bottom frame. there is a software screen rotation button on the left.

OP
A

Adde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Worked great!

Maybe should go back to 3.2.2 seams to be alot of bugs in 4.2. But 4.2 has swedish dashbord and i am swedish so i like to keap it. At least a little longer

/iPad novice

cainhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined this forum because of the problem with the screen orientation lock being changed to a mute button. I love my iPad but this does bring to mind, "Don't fix something that ain't broke."

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hehe, if you really want to express your displeasure, there is a poll over in the polls section. FWIW, I also voted "bring it back".

Di Traynor

iPF Noob
Reaction score

double-click the home button and swipe you finger to the right on the bottom frame. there is a software screen rotation button on the left.

I, too, could not understand why the screen lock button had changed to a mute button after uploading iOS4.2 but after visiting this forum site, found the answer ... And I love the double click & swipe along to find the new button - thanks guys for your help.

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldnt have minded it being changed to a mute button but it only seems to mute system sounds, not running program sounds

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 4.2.1 multi-task should be called "fast app switching"

and the mute button...haven't found a name yet that best describes this hybrid-does-not-mute-every-sound-but-mutes-some button

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the AppleMuteâ„¢: The Mute button the way Jobbs think it should be

Let's just hope audio receivers and tv manufacturers don't adopt Apple's AppleMute philosophy.

barry1024

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesboydphoto.com

Thank you so much for this. I thought they'd removed it completely. I was pretty disspaointed. It's not so bad now.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please dont start yet ANOTHER screen-lock bashing thread. There are already way too many of them.

You list that you have some other idevices but not an iPad. If you don't have an iPad, then what are you doing posting on an iPad forum? If you do have an iPad, then I am sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts