What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protectors

ahoward1126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are people's feelings on screen protectors? Love them? Hate them? I just bought a cygnett opticlear ant-glare screen protector, and am very pleased with it.

Last edited:

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend has this one (link below) and is very please with it, it's not cheap but adds a nice texture to the iPad.

I just use the one that came with the Otterbox case that one works well enough for me.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Power-Support-Anti-Glare-Film-60-152120101/dp/B004U5EJQM]Amazon.com: Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film for iPad 2 (60-152120101): Electronics[/ame]

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Power Support clear option, and getting it on without dust and the associated bubbles underneath was impossible. So I returned it and got a Zagg Invisible Shield instead and couldn't be happier. They installed it, which definitely helped! I actually prefer the orange-peel texture to smooth glass.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Brando anti-glare screen because I use my iPad outdoors a lot. Easy to apply, bubble-free, and very durable for the last 7 months I've been using it.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second what SweetPoison said. I went for an anti-glare when I first got my iPad, as it would be mounted in my convertible, but the fuzziness that all anti glares seem to give to the screen was a deal breaker. Not to mention the impossibility of a 100% perfect install. I'm extremely careful, and it's only got one small scratch on the screen, and that was from removing it from my otterbox case to clean under the edges. A tip for all the otterbox owners out there, lift up on the top part of the plastic part of the case when inserting or removing to prevent the mishap.

jojaanbutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, well. I'm using I-con screen protectors... And recently I got some Hori screen protectors, so I wanted to put those on instead. And also my current screen protectors are kinda scratched up.

ml88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mine, the brand I'm using- Capdase :)

It says, Superb Transparency & Anti-Glare. Finger-Print & Grease Resistant.

I am for the glossy one, and I'm pleased with it. :)

ml88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@jetspeed8 Got it from our local apple retail store here in the Philippines :) It retails for 950PHP or almost 22USD. Got it for free as part of the privilege if you buy the iPad2 from them.

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Power Support clear option, and getting it on without dust and the associated bubbles underneath was impossible. So I returned it and got a Zagg Invisible Shield instead and couldn't be happier. They installed it, which definitely helped! I actually prefer the orange-peel texture to smooth glass.

Really? My friend and I just used some simple sunglasses cleaning solution and a lint-free rag to clean the surface before we put the screen protector on and the used a credit card to smooth out the air bubbles, but I have to say it works really well.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mrbunglez said:
Moshi ivisor for me easiest to put on with no bubbles.

I learn something every day on this forum ! I got the Moshi today ,it took me one minutes to put in on my iPad and no bubbles at all . It's fantastic , my screen isn't as shiny as it was , I love the mat finish....YAY !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? My friend and I just used some simple sunglasses cleaning solution and a lint-free rag to clean the surface before we put the screen protector on and the used a credit card to smooth out the air bubbles, but I have to say it works really well.

You're better than me. I got extremely frustrated when I couldn't keep dust off of it. :(

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are people's feelings on screen protectors? Love them? Hate them?
Necessary evil but a each person needs to make the call as to whether to use them or not. Don't assume that all are the same. It took going through a couple of really good options before I settled in SGP's UltraFine for my iPad2. For the iPhone4 I'd strongly recommend SGP's UltraOleophobic. Wish they made the UltraOleophobic for the iPad2. It doesn't distort the screen quite so much as the UltraFine. However, IMO the UltraFine provided the best compromise of image quality versus antifingerprint/smudge/etc.

I have never had one and no intentions of having one ~ I am just careful.;)
Just careful doesn't work for me. Accidents happen. I can't prevent sand and other scratching materials from reaching the screen no matter how careful I am with taking my iPad2 out and about. YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

Most reactions