What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector preference?

jcallaway22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iPad 2 that I use for therapy with students...so I bought a screen protector (invisibleshield brand). Within a few days, it looked like crud...and I supervise my students incredibly well. It is totally scratched looking and your fingers no longer glide as nice. Zagg, the manufacturer, said I can get a new one (warranty) but with shipping and everything it will be $10 or more...for a product I am disappointed with! This particular shield is a gel shield I believe...would anyone have recommendations for a 'hard' style screen shield for the iPad2? Not a case...the clear stick-on screen protector type.
Thanks,
JC

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use bodyguardz on macBooks, iPads and iPhones. They work great if you take your time when installing.
Good luck.
Charlie

jacksonian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without a doubt: PowerSupport Crystal films. I use them on all my iPads and iPhones. I get a flawless installation, they're very durable, and they're invisible. It feels just like the original glass is there. I put one on for a friend and she said, "Is it on there?"

Also, one of the films I ordered had a dent. I sent an email with a pic and they had me a new one here in 2 days. Great customer service.

I tried the SGP Steinhill and it was awful for installation. And I have never liked the feel of the Zagg products.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, I've had some of the higher end screen protectors (ghost armor), and the cheap amazon protectors on various electronic devices.

For my iPad 2 I went with a cheap one peddled on Amazon. Install was easy, keeps the screen protected, and I can't tell that it's there.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ghost armor and install was pretty simple. As long as you keep fingers and the ghost armor wet then you can adjust as much as you want. Haven't tried scratching it yet, but as long as it keeps scratches off the actual iPad, then I'll be happy with it.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Without a doubt: PowerSupport Crystal films. I use them on all my iPads and iPhones. I get a flawless installation, they're very durable, and they're invisible. It feels just like the original glass is there. I put one on for a friend and she said, "Is it on there?"

Also, one of the films I ordered had a dent. I sent an email with a pic and they had me a new one here in 2 days. Great customer service.

I tried the SGP Steinhill and it was awful for installation. And I have never liked the feel of the Zagg products.

I just ordered this for my iPad and iPhone, can't wait! Thanks for the suggestion! I typically use the Zagg one and sometimes BestSkinsEver which both I don't have any problems with but for some reason I think my i'stuff' really want the PowerSupport products!

JeffMorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had PowerSupport put on an anti-glare for me last week and it's fantastic. I'll never use another brand again. On the pricey side though, but it's quality for sure.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another vote for PowerSupport Anti-glare - the best I've ever seen. They are pricy however ($35 for 1 ipad protector!).

If you can't afford that one, I found a cheap, close second to the PowerSupport anti-glare. It's the iEssentials Anti-Glare Screen Protector. I've seen them at $5 Below (for $5) and at MicroCenter for $7.50. They are almost as good as the PowerSupport model! No pixelation or fuzziness like some anti-glares cause.

I've also found that the PowerSupport model installs easier though. I'm VERY particular about my screen protector being installed perfectly, and the iEssentials model is harder to install (I've wasted three at one install already)!

ExWallStreetGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still recommend?

Just got my iPad 2 and was thinking of getting either Ghost Armor or Zagg because I want production for front and back. Do you all still recommend Ghost?

Also do these solutions allow the magic covers to still work?

Thanks

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ExWallStreetGuy said:
Just got my iPad 2 and was thinking of getting either Ghost Armor or Zagg because I want production for front and back. Do you all still recommend Ghost?

Thanks

I got the back-only ghost armor and the smart cover still attaches just fine.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ExWallStreetGuy said:

Thanks

I got the back-only ghost armor and the smart cover still attaches just fine.

I was just going to ask a question, but you have answered it for me.

Currently I have a Bodyguardz rear cover (didn't like the screen protector)

When I am taking it to work during the week I always keep it in my Targus 360 case for extra protection, but it does add quite a bit of weight and bulk to the iPad, so I thought about getting a smart cover but ws unsure whether the magnets would be strong enough to keep the smart cover secure, but it seems your works ok. I dont know how the thickness of the Ghost compares to the Bodyguard, but I wouldnt have thought it was much different?? When I am using it weekends around the house I take it out of the case and love how much sleeker and lighter it feels. I think I would get the best of both worlds by getting a smart cover :)

Most reactions