What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector or no?

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to the iPad and was just wondering do you need a film screen protector for the iPad 3. I had an iPhone 3GS and it definitely needed screen protector because of all the scratches it got, is the iPad 3 a better screen so that you don't need a screen protector?

Thanks for your info

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've bought one for my ipad2 but never used it. My phone only really scratched because of it going in and out of my pocket. Instead invest in a good soft case and you shouldn't have any issues. I used to have a mirrored screen protector for my phone too and found it to not be as responsive too touch. Ofcourse this is for general usage.
Just cherish the iPad and treat it like a new born baby and you will have no issues :)

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use a screen protector either. However, I keep it safe and sound in an Invellop folio case and pretty much rub it with a diaper:eek:

emem12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think u should get one I no a guy that dropped his phone and he had a protecter and it looked like the glass broke but it was the cover it saved his phone and go to ur sellers place to put it on they do a great job

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried an anti glare screen protector on my iPad 3 and it looked like crap. Right now I don't have one but I'm nervous about it.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never had one for either of my iPads. My original iPad still looked new and it never had one. I just make sure it's in a good case at all times when not in use. I can't stand to see the slightest bubble from screen protectors. I don't think I'll put one on my new iPad either.

My iPhone is in the otter box case.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate screen protectors and the otterbox case. It makes it bulky. The iPad is meant to be held without a case. Just take care of it, but a back shell piece and a smart cover....

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Daylife said:
I hate screen protectors and the otterbox case. It makes it bulky. The iPad is meant to be held without a case. Just take care of it, but a back shell piece and a smart cover....

Yes the otter box case is bulky, but I can tolerate it on the phone, I wouldn't want it for my iPad. I tend to sometimes drop my phone : (
Fortunately I have never dropped my iPad, whew. I like the smart cover and the back shell too. I got this keyboard case, but it's feeling to heavy and bulky. I'll probably go back to the smart cover setup. But, no screen protector!!

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the anti glare screen protector from power supply. It was $30 but well worth it. Finger prints are a non issue now and the anti glare really helps since I use it as a gps for my car. This brand doesnt affect the screen quality in my opinion and installing it was a cinch. It uses static to adhere instead of sticky residue so it is washable and re-usable.

Captfx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Zagg on my iPad 2. My 3rd gen iPad has a back shell, smart cover and Applecare + in case something happens to the screen.

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely, I have an all round clear protector bestskinsever.com, thankfully the skins arrived the same day as the iPad because I wouldn't even look at it without protection.
I also use the Cygnett folding case, they a really nice.

john893

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the anti glare screen protector but I couldn't stand it. so I took it off :) for me, this doesn't make sense.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only use a bumper case on my phone and Just want to add I've dropped my iPhone 4 at least a half dozen times usually on hard tile many times screen down. From the noise each time I'd swear there should be either a crack or a scratch. No issues so far. It's definitely stronger than it looks.

The iPad with the bigger screen I definitely would not expect to survive the same kind of fall no matter what kind of screen protector you have on it short of a shipping carton.

But the iPhone experience has taught me that the iPad does. Not need a screen protector for use. Just get a case or smart cover for when it is not in use and being transported.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an anti-glare screen protector on my iPad1 and had no fingerprint issues at all. When I got my iPad3, I put Zagg on the back and front and immediately ripped the front one off! OMG it was horrible! Felt like that sticky plastic that goes on your Aunt's couch!

I am loving the smooth feel of the Gorilla glass under my fingers.

Now I just have the Zagg on the back, a smart cover, and the whole thing goes in my Targus portfolio.

040a95ff.jpg

cf592fde.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts