What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared to update my iPad 2 to ios 5

JATaylor29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been wanting to update my iPad for nearly a year now. I am very nervous to do so because I have so many files in my numbers, key note, pages and others apps that i don't have on any other device. I cannot lose these files and every time I try to update it tells me all of my data will be lost. I am also at a loss as to how to access my cloud to pull pictures into my pc. Ugh! Please help!!

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JATaylor29 said:
I have been wanting to update my iPad for nearly a year now. I am very nervous to do so because I have so many files in my numbers, key note, pages and others apps that i don't have on any other device. I cannot lose these files and every time I try to update it tells me all of my data will be lost. I am also at a loss as to how to access my cloud to pull pictures into my pc. Ugh! Please help!!

Um an update should not make you lose anything..never has for me

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
itunes backs up your apps and info before it wipes and installs the update. after the updates is installed then itunes restores your backup of apps and other files into the new OS.

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into itunes and back it up. enter DFU mode, restore. when its done. choose the option to restore from that backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts