What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saying hi and a small rant

Max Death

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off let me say hello.
Now that that is out of the way let me say that I did what I felt was quite a bit of research before I bought my IPad. I looked at all the reviews looked at other tablets looked at a number of apps, etc. I felt that the IPad was the only one that was not designed to try to fit a round peg in a square hole so to speak.
I need to travel around the country and often out of it for business, so the lighter I can travel the better. This was meant to take the place of a laptop. When I say the productivity apps, the book app, movies app, ITunes, etc. I was sold. I could create reports and other documents save it onto a USB drive then transfer it to a clients computer, if need be take it back to the hotel rework a document then relax with a game or movie.
After I bought this thing it updates and I find that now I can't use a USB stick. My clients don't have ITunes on their work computers nor do they have SDHC readers.
I also found more great apps that I was unaware of at the time I bought my IPad. Such as a translator app. Now my IPad is almost full.
It seems to me that Mr. Jobs should let this baby be all that it could be. Allow the use of USB sticks. Allow a person to transfer apps, documents, pictures,movies, and so on to a USB stick. I could complain about the lack of flash support though I don't feel I need it I still feel that this is just another way big daddy Jobs is holding back the IPad.
If I buy a laptop the maker does not worry if I use an external hard drive or USB stick. They don't worry if I put in a larger hard drive or install flash. What does Mr. Jobs have to worry about?
All in all I love this IPad, I just wish it wasn't being held back from being the tool it could be because Jobs has some idea that it should not be taken seriously.
Sorry for the long rant. Once again hello from a new user.

Most reactions

Latest posts