What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving SHSH with TU- How long does it take?

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am trying to save my SHSH. I'm at 4.3.3, and using the current version of TU. I'm new at this and and I'm concerned that TU has been "saving" now for 15 minutes.The log says it has started saving SHSHs, but there it sits.

I started saving with "Request SHSH From Cydia" unchecked.

Any advice?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have slow Internet? TU usually takes for me, about 30 seconds to a minute to download. And I have DSL.

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a cable modem that is reasonably fast.

It's been a half hour now. It looks like it's hung, but I'm not sure what closing the program (if I can) or pulling the usb cable will do.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mattmilw said:
I have a cable modem that is reasonably fast.

It's been a half hour now. It looks like it's hung, but I'm not sure what closing the program (if I can) or pulling the usb cable will do.

It won't hurt anything.

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried again and it hung again.

I then unchecked "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" in addition to the earlier unchecking of "Request SHSH from Cydia", and it saved in a matter of seconds.

If I understand this, I now have the ability to revert back to version 4.3.3, using iTunes , should I have the need. Do I have this right?

Thanks.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mattmilw said:
I tried again and it hung again.

I then unchecked "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" in addition to the earlier unchecking of "Request SHSH from Cydia", and it saved in a matter of seconds.

If I understand this, I now have the ability to revert back to version 4.3.3, using iTunes , should I have the need. Do I have this right?

Thanks.

Yes!

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions going forward-

When the next version is released, do i need to have upgraded my Ipad to that version before I can save the SHSHs for it?

If/when I save SHSHs for a later version, will they overwrite the ones I saved today, or will they be saved in addition to them?

I appreciate the help.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mattmilw said:
I have a couple of questions going forward-

When the next version is released, do i need to have upgraded my Ipad to that version before I can save the SHSHs for it?

If/when I save SHSHs for a later version, will they overwrite the ones I saved today, or will they be saved in addition to them?

I appreciate the help.

When a new FW is released, you have to update to that FW to save the shsh. And TU saves it in addition to older ones.

Frenchroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
When a new FW is released, you have to update to that FW to save the shsh. And TU saves it in addition to older ones.

not true!! You do NOT have to update to the latest fw to grab shsh for it!, you just need to be sure you have the latest version of TU, my IP4 and iPad 1 are both on 4.2.1 and I have 4.3.3 shsh for both of them! When you save latest TU & cydia will have most current as well as previous (if you've been saving the previous).

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frenchroll said:
not true!! You do NOT have to update to the latest fw to grab shsh for it!, you just need to be sure you have the latest version of TU, my IP4 and iPad 1 are both on 4.2.1 and I have 4.3.3 shsh for both of them! When you save latest TU & cydia will have most current as well as previous.

It does? Cool! :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

And this is why we have a SHSH Blob - FAQ sticky thread in this section!
I suggest everyone reads it again, just to remind themselves of the facts!
All the answers to these questions and more are in there :)

Most reactions