What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving photos to iPad

ianwest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I'm on a web page or Facebook post and tap and hold on an image I get an option to 'Save photo' - but where are they saved to? Not my camera roll, and I can't find where else they might be!

Anyone got any ideas?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine are saved to the camera roll on both my iphone and ipad. Are you sure you are saving them.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Ian.

Save Image is the option that puts a photo into Camera Roll.
Not all photos on web sites give this option.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I'm on a web page or Facebook post and tap and hold on an image I get an option to 'Save photo' - but where are they saved to? Not my camera roll, and I can't find where else they might be!

Hi Ianwest - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I'm assuming that you are using Safari as your web browser? Second, I agree w/ the other posters that if the 'pop up box' suggests saving the image then it should be placed in your 'camera roll' - when an app(s) starts misbehaving for me, I follow the steps below - give them a try and if not helpful, then please post back for further advice - good luck!

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts