What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving emails?

Valkyrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want an app or a way to save ALL emails that I receive on my Ipad. I work for a large company and can sometimes get 50 or more a day with attachments and within several days my mailbox is full. Is there anything that will automatically save all emails somewhere else on the Ipad?

On my PC I actually have a program that does this for me. It creates a folder in the name of the sender and as I get more it adds them to that folder. I have in a small space every email that was sent to me for the last 2 years.

It has gotten my butt out of the wringer more than once.

Any ideas?

TIA

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A PC is still the best option for this IMHO. iPads are better for cloud type storage options whether it be data or emails on a mail server. Companies have to realise that their staff need larger allowance for mailboxes and actually encourage their staff to store their relevant emails for historical purposes.

Look a Gmail for instance, they give you 7-10 Gb space just for emails for free.

Until that happens, storing on your local machine or network share is the way to go.

To answer your question, I don't believe the native email app allows you to "store" emails indefinitely. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A PC is still the best option for this IMHO. iPads are better for cloud type storage options whether it be data or emails on a mail server. Companies have to realise that their staff need larger allowance for mailboxes and actually encourage their staff to store their relevant emails for historical purposes.

Look a Gmail for instance, they give you 7-10 Gb space just for emails for free.

Until that happens, storing on your local machine or network share is the way to go.

To answer your question, I don't believe the native email app allows you to "store" emails indefinitely. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I have an email in my iPad 1 inbox that's nearly two years old, so if there's an expiration period, it's pretty long. I have my email set up as pop, and to never delete, though. I do that specifically because I routinely keep only about a dozen or so emails on my mobile devices. I keep everything on home computer, which I use for archiving. As you say, no one really offers a ton of free storage. Plus, I want my own backups.

Most reactions

Latest posts