What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung Takes Hits at the iPad Air in its Latest Ad

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Recently, Samsung has been making a few hits towards Apple, by releasing advertisements mocking the fruit company's products. The former posted a new commercials, taking hits at Apple's iPad Air.

Although the larger iPad was recently slimmed down, and renamed to the iPad Air, Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro seems to be thinner. How much thinner you ask? A whopping 0.2mm less than the iPad Air.

The ad uses Apple's idea of showing a pencil with an iPad Air hiding behind it. As the camera pans upward, we see the iPad Air behind the pencil, but then Samsung adds its spin on the ad, hiding the Galaxy Tab Pro behind both objects.

While the iPad Air is only 7.5mm thick, the Galaxy Tab Pro is 7.3mm thick, which technically means it is thinner, though not by much. But of course with a marketing standpoint, Samsung is obviously looking to say its product is better.

Last edited by a moderator:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They need to just sell on the merits of their systems. Negative ads don't really work in this space.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Samsung tabs have plenty of merit, but Samsung is not good at marketing. Plus, their added software makes their tablet more complex, IMO. Still, the models with Pens tempt me. But then their prices slow me right back down. I won't pay premium for a plastic-back device with complex software. But there is a price point which would induce me to take a shot....

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Apple should do one, 0.2mm vs battery life, which would you choose

Take my old iPhone 5 vs my now Samsung Galaxy S4

The iPhone lasted all day and still had charge, the S4...... Let's just say I have to carry a spare battery with portable charger!

I suspect the battery life on the tab isn't all that great either

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple should do one, 0.2mm vs battery life, which would you choose

Take my old iPhone 5 vs my now Samsung Galaxy S4

The iPhone lasted all day and still had charge, the S4...... Let's just say I have to carry a spare battery with portable charger!

I suspect the battery life on the tab isn't all that great either

The Note 10.1 has 7000 mhz battery but it doesn't last longer or near as at the iPad Air. Samsung copies Apple and they still fail at that!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Note 10.1 has 7000 mhz battery but it doesn't last longer or near as at the iPad Air. Samsung copies Apple and they still fail at that!

I don't know if they are copying Apple anymore. Frankly, they'd be more successful if they did copy Apple more.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if they are copying Apple anymore. Frankly, they'd be more successful if they did copy Apple more.

Yeh what about making that 5 and a half-inch note 3 be 4-inch? Yeh maybe boosting up the specs and messing with benchmarks will help. As android will become more power-hungry and drain out the phone when kitkat comes to samsung. Sorry samsung but no matter how you boost the specs of your phones android will still remain unstable, slow, and of course power hungry.

Maybe mess up benchmarks? Perfect!! Then get caught an lie? Perfect!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cuts no ice with me, iPad Air beats an Android tablet hands down.

natalie21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree I've used many different tablets but the only products I really enjoy using is apple products.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although trying to nip in there with some wannabe tablet, I find it interesting how other manufacturers cannot even think of a new way to advertise their products, they rely on copying others success and then mock it , doesn't make sense .
Things must be quite bad at the PR dept if all they can do is copy from Apple adverts.

Kinda dumb ..... Kinda thick..... Kinda childish......all Samsung !

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cuts no ice with me, iPad Air beats an Android tablet hands down.

I have to agree. I've tried them all and back when I bought my first iPad, the 2, I was never an apple guy and even tried to avoid apple for various reasons. But, I couldn't hold out. The iPad is such a better experience than the others. Perhaps with phones it's different since many folks I know love their non apple phones but with tablets it's apple or nothing.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple or nothing it has to be .
We too have had some droid stuff , it's inferior to Apple , and thus we chucked it .

A friend foolishly purchased a tablet for his daughter , & the very first thing it asked for was to install antivirus software because it had detected a virus , what the hell eh ? Second rate crap that's all droid is , then to HAVE to have a gmail account put the icing on the cake so it was gotten rid of promptly . Funny actually cos this guy wanted to get his daughter something that looked like an ipad and did what an ipad did and yet went and bought some second rate crap that wasn't an ipad , needless to say there were a few dissapointments.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The very first tablet I bought was an Asus in 2011, Right from the start I had problems which escalated daily, By day six I had to ring Asus who took me through some attempts to breath life back into the tablet, It didn't respond and I was given a code to return it.....Note I needed a code in order to return it.....Well that was it for me, I bought iPad 2 and never looked back......Now of course I have iPad Air.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They need to just sell on the merits of their systems. Negative ads don't really work in this space.

I agree! I just don't like advertisements which have to knock a competitor to promote their own product.

There's no merit at all in that!

Nice to see you here again thewitt!

Most reactions

Latest posts