What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung remote app

Ferl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Samsung app worked until iOS 4.3 and not it's broke. The app connects to the TV via IP over the LAN. Since 4.3 the app briefly connects and then fails due to a "network connection failure". Anyone else using this app or anyone have any idea what would cause a network connection failure due to iOS 4.3?

joecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App stopped recognizing my tv a while back. Can't remember if I was before of after iOS 5 it stopped working. Both using wifi.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are 2 different Samsung TV Apps. Search the app store for Samsung Remote for iPad. I use it for both my Samsung TV and blu-ray player. This app was just released on Nov 14 2011 and the app works with 5.0.1

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mksanva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a new TV and this would be great. So basically I just need a Samsung TV with wifi?
Can use all the same controls as the ones provided by the original Samsung remote?
Thanks

planetawylie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just upgraded the iPad2 to iOS5.1 (9B176), and the Samsung Remote no longer works. It starts up, scans my network and finds my TV, but once I select the TV, it brings up the main 3 sections, and then throws a network error, and goes back to the devices list page. Currently using the other Samsung remote app, myTifi, but the GUI is very annoying on that one.

Snamoey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Samsung iPhone remote app to work on the iPad, although the iPad app of about the same date will not, the problem being the same 'network error' that others have reported. Not sure how reliable it is though.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad app sees my TV, and seems to connect momentarily, and then fails with a network error. Anyone else see that? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad app sees my TV, and seems to connect momentarily, and then fails with a network error. Anyone else see that? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Ya Mine does it from time to time also. It's very annoying.

azharismaun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Samsung Remote App: Network Connection Failure after upgrading to iOS5 - The Solution

Hi friends,
Let me share my story and the solution.
I encountered Network Connection Failure after upgrading to iOS5 since weekend. Many attempts to reinstall the app and playing with Samsung LEDTV UA46D7000 settings failed.

Then I observed that the app for iPad updated date is stated as Nov 15th while app for iPhone Apps is stated as Nov 20th.
Last night, I took the risk to install Samsung Remote from the iPhone Apps, insted of iPad Apps ... and guess what ... the problem solved !

Those who still have the Network Connection Failure ... give it a try and feedback.
Good luck !

Regards.
Azhar

spetrale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right. But the app seems that you're not able to manage the volume but just channel.

Hi friends,
Let me share my story and the solution.
I encountered Network Connection Failure after upgrading to iOS5 since weekend. Many attempts to reinstall the app and playing with Samsung LEDTV UA46D7000 settings failed.

Then I observed that the app for iPad updated date is stated as Nov 15th while app for iPhone Apps is stated as Nov 20th.
Last night, I took the risk to install Samsung Remote from the iPhone Apps, insted of iPad Apps ... and guess what ... the problem solved !

Those who still have the Network Connection Failure ... give it a try and feedback.
Good luck !

Regards.
Azhar

spetrale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right the app for iPhone works instead of the apl for iPad. I try this solution in my new iPAd (3th generation). But it seems that the you're able only to manage channel but not the volume. You have some suggest?
Regards

abylan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can fix the problem by deleting the device in the tv, then search again the tv with the ipad. You need to accept the ipad in your tv again.

Techjunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same issue and the iPhone app does not connect to my BlueRay player at all so that was no help. Any other suggestions?

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
abylan1 said:
You can fix the problem by deleting the device in the tv, then search again the tv with the ipad. You need to accept the ipad in your tv again.

Hope this works. I just installed mine a couple of hours ago and it worked. Now, it's headache.

Most reactions