What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safarish

Safarish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:ipad-front: iPad 1 problem
Hello all. After many visits to Internet sites, YouTube posts and Apple Forums, no one has been able to give me a workable instruction for deleting visited URL websites from Safari history on my Ipad1. The usual instruction given to clear history, cookies and cache in Settings-General-Safari only works for the Google search bar, not URL. (All you have to do is type a letter in the bar or www and they all still appear :(.) So, I decided to try here. Help! (please). Meanwhile I am using a purchased browser app that does clear history successfully.;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - to be able to do this you need to close all the Safari browser windows.

So, you've deleted Safari History and Cache in the iPad's 'Settings' app, under 'Safari'.

Now, in Safari, press the icon in the Menu bar that displays the thumbnail windows and close them all by pressing the 'X' in the top left-hand corner of each window 'icon'.

That should then clear everything. Of course, if the sites you've visited are in your Bookmarks file, they'll still pop up as suggestions.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts