What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari vs. others

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using iLunascape as a browser for most things, interchange with Safari every so often because, for example, the reply box in this forum isn't usable under iLunascape.

But I find deficiencies with both... one of the biggest things is that I can't access my BofA accounts page with either, but that's cause of the Flash. Another is that while VPN-ed in I have to enter my credentials every time I flip through pages in our intranet. I know this last one has got something to do with the way we've implemented security and most browsers can't handle it. And other little annoyances, like iLunascape will zoom up to a certain resolution, but it will zoom to fill the page if I doubletap on the screen. And then there's the lack of options, addons, things of that sort.

I'm wondering what browser do most of you guys use and how do you cope with the limitations.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Atomic Web Browser pretty much since day one. It too has a few limitations, namely this forum. I find it ironic that the #1 Ipad forum is so hard to use with the Ipad, but I digress.

As far as dealing with other limitations, when I need to do something more serious I use my PC either directly or via remote desktop.

OP
D

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using RDP while on VPN to connect to my work desktop and it works great actually, but that's mostly if I need to access certain internal resources that won't show up on the iPad such as our inventory databases or BES 5 management page which is a complete and utter failure in the part of RIM, might I add, but for a complete computing experience RDP just isn't up to snuff. Needs a mouse, badly!

I'll try Atomic, see what it's all about

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue about some browsers not allowing text input on this forum and other forums etc is just poor programing their is a fix please read following.

Ok I have done some research and yes I know I am crazy but I have 8 browsers which is almost every one available. You may ask why and it's a good question. I provide support not only here and iphone4 forums but also user groups and my own client base.
Note in each case I signed in to the forum

So here is the hot list of browsers that allow you to edit and post in this and other forums.
1) Safari. - no problems
2) Perfect browser - change preferences to safari desktop rendering
3) Atomic web - change preferences to safari iPad
4) iCab - change preferences to safari support

This list is browsers that do not allow you to post into text boxes in not only this forum but others as well. Text boxes are grayed out

1) Super web. No option to change to safari in pref
2) Browser duo - no option to change to safari in pref
3) Readdle docs - no option to change to safari in pref
4) ibrowser - no option to change to safari in pref

I have no answers to why this is the case and yes I have reported it to the developers of each app that has problems.

Col.Bris

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using iLunascape as a browser for most things, interchange with Safari every so often because, for example, the reply box in this forum isn't usable under iLunascape.

But I find deficiencies with both... one of the biggest things is that I can't access my BofA accounts page with either, but that's cause of the Flash. Another is that while VPN-ed in I have to enter my credentials every time I flip through pages in our intranet. I know this last one has got something to do with the way we've implemented security and most browsers can't handle it. And other little annoyances, like iLunascape will zoom up to a certain resolution, but it will zoom to fill the page if I doubletap on the screen. And then there's the lack of options, addons, things of that sort.

I'm wondering what browser do most of you guys use and how do you cope with the limitations.

Doesn't boa have an app?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another one, which is great, is Full Web Browser. I believe thats the name..lol but im posting from it right now no probs. It lets u change the desktop renderation. I have it on safari ipad. I noticed when u try to switch it to a true desktop, videos wont work within facebook or some other sites. It will tell u you need flash. But if switch it bck to safi ipad, the videos will play or i guess the sites recognize its an ipad and makes the vids compatible

Plus it has a transparent bar on the side for super fast sdrolling on web pages. I have the ilunascape, atomic web browser, full web browser, n of course Safari. Im glad i read this thread. I think i did pay $2.99 for it so ima use it more often..lmao. Its really good plus lets u put full screen. Free version of browsers are cool, but the upgraded ones are best. I have like 148 apps..lol. U end up forgetting what u got.

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Col. bris you are surely the man! Thanks a bunch for the tips.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used iCab Mobile, but recently switched to Atomic Browser which is great. Posting to this forum with Atomic right now. Just switch The browser identification in the settings.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to set a different browser as the default browser?

Most reactions

Latest posts