What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

safari loads slowly after update to 6.0.1

gglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have ipad3, finally updated to os 6.0.1 and notice a definite slowdown in Safari loading webpages.
Have decent broadband, so that isn't the problem nor is router.
Page loads partially, then blue bar stops and nothing seems to happen except the loading
Or working spinner in the upper left hand corner seems to just spin and spin.
Tapping in address line then tapping return on keyboard sometime loads the page faster. Appreciate any advice ! Thanks

B

Also

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have ipad3, finally updated to os 6.0.1 and notice a definite slowdown in Safari loading webpages.
Have decent broadband, so that isn't the problem nor is router.
Page loads partially, then blue bar stops and nothing seems to happen except the loading
Or working spinner in the upper left hand corner seems to just spin and spin.
Tapping in address line then tapping return on keyboard sometime loads the page faster. Appreciate any advice ! Thanks

B

Also
Try this (if you have not already done so):
Double press the Home button (or do a four-finger slide upward) to show the number of apps in RAM on the bottom task bar. Hold down on any icon until they all wiggle and then remove them all by tapping the minus sign on each of them. Then close and restart your iPad. Any good?
Regards, Andrew

OP
G

gglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
No good. I have done this to insure not
Much is running if anything else but Safari.
Have done the resets too but still no luck.

Additionally, this is ipad3' 64GB' wifi only.

Any further ideas ?

Appreciate it.

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not updated to 6.0.1 just to many negative comments in terms of battery and speed. Think i will pass.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adrian23 said:
Have not updated to 6.0.1 just to many negative comments in terms of battery and speed. Think i will pass.

One thing you should be aware of here is that most of the complaints are from a tiny percentage of users. Complaints tend to get far more publicity than praise for how good it works. While there may be problems, iOS 6 is nowhere near as bad as the complaints would lead you to believe.

Most reactions