What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari keeps reloading same page

rikclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unable to use Safari because i keep getting error message that there was a problem with the page and page will reload. Seems to be an endless loop. Cleared history but that does not help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which iPad do you have and which iOS version is it on?
It happens more frequently on older iPads such as the iPads 1&2.

OP
R

rikclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is an iPad mini. Purchased 90 days ago. I'm away from home until tomorrow and not sure what version OS. Can respond with that info tomorrow.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I remember, there was a problem with Safari in one of the earlier software versions, which was fixed later.

Update your iPad, then reset it (Home and Power button), and see if this helps. The most recent iOS is 8.3.

Last edited:
OP
R

rikclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I remember, there was a problem with Safari in one of the earlier software versions, which was fixed later.

Update your iPad, then reset it (Home and Power button), and see if this helps. The most recent iOS is 8.3.
Thanks. I read about this technique in a similar thread below I cleared the browsing history, then I did both a reset and a restart just to be sure. I'm not certain which of the procedures fixed the problem, but the issue is now gone. Thanks for your help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I read about this technique in a similar thread below I cleared the browsing history, then I did both a reset and a restart just to be sure. I'm not certain which of the procedures fixed the problem, but the issue is now gone. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome.

fishnrib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2's Safari was useless after IOS 9.0.2 update as it continually reloaded pages even after I did a factory reset. I read somewhere to try and turn off Java Script in Advanced Safari settings and now Safari works real good again.

Algeorge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unable to use Safari because i keep getting error message that there was a problem with the page and page will reload. Seems to be an endless loop. Cleared history but that does not help.

Switching off Java script sorted mine out

tabraham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2's Safari was useless after IOS 9.0.2 update as it continually reloaded pages even after I did a factory reset. I read somewhere to try and turn off Java Script in Advanced Safari settings and now Safari works real good again.

My iPhone 6 Plus has been doing this and I found a thread that worked. Settings/Safari/General/Open New Links/ In New Tab (should be checked). Switch to In Background. Worked for me so far. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts