What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari for Mac/Windows..i love it..do you?

Safari web browser

• I hate Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not know i can choose browsers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a Mac user, and i chose to use Safari.... and when i did use windows, i ended up using Safari also.

We all know about Chrome, FireFox, Opera, IE9, etc.

Basically, i would like to know why you chose a different web browser for your needs, and why you enjoy using it?

Did you ever try Safari?

For those that do use Safari, why do you like it?

Do you have an Apple TV? Airplay videos from Safari to Apple TV....WoW!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

extensions i enjoy with safari, with more to add.

youtubewide
exposer
keepvid
itubeX
clicktoplugin & clicktoflash
1password
bing highlights
youtube5
adblock
hide images
better Facebook
media center

https://extensions.apple.com/

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learn about the 250+ innovative features available in Safari 5.1.
http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#extensions

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Safari and I love it! I use to use Firefox, but then it starting freezing on me. I use Safari on my iPad and all my computers.

OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Safari and I love it! I use to use Firefox, but then it starting freezing on me. I use Safari on my iPad and all my computers.

ok, i see that you like safari, but what i am really trying to see here is, why???? ..... what functions do you like, that you think other browsers can't even provide?

was hoping for more PLAYERS....come on guys....you might be educated here, with things that you didn't know, and i have a couple to share.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still use Safari as my main browser although I have eight other ones. The newer version that will be bundled with IOS5 looks promising. I'm really looking forward to the reader part where you can store text without adds.

Last edited:
OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still use Safari as my main browser although I have eight other ones. The newer version that will be bundled with IOS5 looks promising. I'm really looking forward to the reader part where you can store text without adds.

thanks for the reply, but I'm not talking about iOS safari, mostly Mac and some windows.

i know this is an iPad forum, but i believe everyone here have a computer. So I'm reaching out to them.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey You! The newer version with iOS5 does look promising! What is the reader part, Ivan?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, i see that you like safari, but what i am really trying to see here is, why???? ..... what functions do you like, that you think other browsers can't even provide?

You title asked if we "love it" Asked and answered. Don't really care much why ~ never thought about it, I guess.

Good luck with this poll!:)

OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey You! The newer version with iOS5 does look promising! What is the reader part, Ivan?

im gonna let him answer for iOS5.

but the desktop version of safari already have/had reader, and it is handy!!!

safari-reader-address-bar-button.png

Safari presents a Reader button in the Smart Address Field. Click the button and the article appears without distracting content. You can also zoom, send the article using Mail, and print from the heads-up display that appears in Reader when you hover over the bottom of an article.

check it out....click reader when browsing that link.

The Strenuous Relationship Between Apple And Facebook

OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok lets get you customizing your safari toolbar, where you add stuff(extensions), that you added(most auto-add themselves).

images

basically adds icons like these

images

this screen is what you use to add more icons to your toolbar, by dragging them to wherever you want them placed.
out of that list, i use new tab, zoom, downloads and 1password a lot, i have way more, not shown in this screenshot.

SafariCustomizeToolbar.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It doesn't do the most cool things. It's not the fastest. It's not even the most compatible. But what it does is pretty much everything I need and more, and it stays out of my way letting me browse without interruption. Well it did until I added the 1Password plugin. Now it occasionally demands my attention, and it's surprising how annoying I find that when I did need or want the feature to appear.

One feature that is important to me is that the bookmarks sync automatically with the iPad version (MobileMe required) None of the others do.

All in all, it's probably momentum. I've been using Safari for a long time, and don't see a reason to switch to other browsers for incremental speed improvements or features I don't want. I do have Chrome and Firefox loaded and up to date incase I need them, and it happens. Not often though.

OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my screenshot looks like this, sorry about that colour, was fooling around, but notice the toolbar with extra icons....that adds functionality.

ScreenShot2011-09-24at121148PM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Safari setup is much simpler, but I make up for it with a cluttered workspace. iTunes is also running on another screen.

WorkSpace.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
these browsers are old(i know), but the only screenshot i could find for now.....but pick out which one looks the cleanest.
chrome is not in the line-up.... newer versions are IE 9, FF 8, safari 5, opera 11.

browser_allfour_toolbars.jpg

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One feature that is important to me is that the bookmarks sync automatically with the iPad version (MobileMe required) None of the others do.

I should have known that Safari would sync bookmarks with its iOS sibling. FWIW, both iCabMobile and the Mercury browser have implemented Firefox Sync recently though I have not tested them. I mostly use Firefox on the desktop (Windows) because of the extensions/addons but also like Chrome and Safari.

OP
Poser

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it did until I added the 1Password plugin. Now it occasionally demands my attention, and it's surprising how annoying I find that when I did need or want the feature to appear..

do you update your 1password extension?
mine is 3.8.5

Most reactions