What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari cannot install profile due to unknown error

JockeyStrap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello

I was browsing a couple of sites today, and during browsing, i received a message saying "safari cannot install profile due to unknown error" , i am not to sure which of the sites gave this message, (geexbox, openelec, xbmc) and browsing over them again does not give this message. I am using an iPad 2 16gb wifi. when going to General -> Settings , i dont have a profiles tab, so am not sure what profile it was trying to load. i also have nothing changed in my settings that i can see, should i be worried, that there is some spyware or malware loaded?. can an ipad get any kind of bad things through a profile install?. i have looked online but cannot see an answer. Does a profile automatically get installed, or does one need to agree to install?

Most reactions

Latest posts