What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari bookmarks disappeared

Surfingjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not a clue why all my bookmarks disappeared, but as of today they are no longer there. I have not synced recently, so I don't believe its an issue with itunes sync or cloud sync? But they are gone, and I am very, very, very upset!!

After all it is primary reason I have an iPad, to surf the net in leisure, without a boat anchor of a PC. I am afraid to restore as it has a couple of weeks, I've installed apps and I've added bookmarks in the last couple of weeks, that might be my last resort. I assume a cloud sync to my PC will return all the book marks from the PC, but it's been even longer since I've let the bookmarks sync to my PC. Any suggestions?
ny

The biggest complaint that I have about apple products is that it is so easy to have all photos, songs, movies etc to simply be wiped out with a click of a button.

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just do a reset...hold down on/off and Home buttons until Apple logo appears. Worked for me! Let me know if it works okay for you.

garybrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garstongal said:
Just do a reset...hold down on/off and Home buttons until Apple logo appears. Worked for me! Let me know if it works okay for you.

My Safari turned into Google and I don't want to do a reset. Are there any other options.

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garybrian said:
My Safari turned into Google and I don't want to do a reset. Are there any other options.

A reset doesn't delete or alter any data...it's just like restarting a computer, if that's what you're worried about.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not a clue why all my bookmarks disappeared, but as of today they are no longer there. I have not synced recently, so I don't believe its an issue with itunes sync or cloud sync? But they are gone, and I am very, very, very upset!!

After all it is primary reason I have an iPad, to surf the net in leisure, without a boat anchor of a PC. I am afraid to restore as it has a couple of weeks, I've installed apps and I've added bookmarks in the last couple of weeks, that might be my last resort. I assume a cloud sync to my PC will return all the book marks from the PC, but it's been even longer since I've let the bookmarks sync to my PC. Any suggestions?
ny

The biggest complaint that I have about apple products is that it is so easy to have all photos, songs, movies etc to simply be wiped out with a click of a button.

Try this first: Settings>Safari and next to "Always Show Bookmarks Bar" - slide to ON
Let us know how you got on. Come back if that did not work, as other solutions may be possible
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garybrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried it but sadly it doesn't work. I would be happy to keep Google and I've gotten Chrome from the "App Store". My biggest complaint(?) is that everything in the books I am reading about using the IPad refer to things to do with Safari.
So if there are any other options I would be happy to hear.
My wife and I are both seniors and this is our first visit to Apple and are not tech knowledgeable at all, so any suggestions would have to be relatively simple for us to do.

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garybrian said:
Tried it but sadly it doesn't work. I would be happy to keep Google and I've gotten Chrome from the "App Store". My biggest complaint(?) is that everything in the books I am reading about using the IPad refer to things to do with Safari.
So if there are any other options I would be happy to hear.
My wife and I are both seniors and this is our first visit to Apple and are not tech knowledgeable at all, so any suggestions would have to be relatively simple for us to do.

Did you reboot the device?

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had it fixed at the apple store... What you need to do is double tap the home button. When the row of recently used apps appears hold down on the first one until they wiggle and you get the red minus sign....close a few of them and then go back to safari....when you do that the bookmarks appear. Basically what is happening is safari gets stuck in a loop and it keeps bookmarks from appearing. I hope that helps you

garybrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually called Apple and they didn't know what to do. They "bumped" me to a senior adviser and couldn't figure it out. so I ended up with Google which I guess is okay. They all do the same thing don't they?

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garybrian said:
I actually called Apple and they didn't know what to do. They "bumped" me to a senior adviser and couldn't figure it out. so I ended up with Google which I guess is okay. They all do the same thing don't they?

Did you try my method?

Most reactions

Latest posts