What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rupert Murdoch and Apple’s Eddy Cue to Launch The Daily for iPad Next Week

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
The_Daily.JPG

MacStories reports that following a slight delay, News Corp and Apple’s "The Daily" iPad publication is to be launched in New York City on Wednesday, February 2, at the Guggenheim Museum. And it shows just exactly how much importance News Corp. places on the app by the fact that Rupert Murdoch will actually be onstage in person to launch The Daily, alongside Apple’s Eddy Cue, Vice President of Internet Services. Apparently News Corp’s CEO James Murdoch has already confirmed that the app will be priced at $0.99 per week, which seems like extremely sensible pricing for a digital daily newspaper, and very likely to draw customers in. MacStories says that there are also rumours circulating to the effect that Apple may well be treating us all to a ‘sneak peak’ of iOS 4.3 at the event, in particular the part that is rumoured to be all about magazine and newspaper subscriptions. As ever, it's wait-and-see time!

Source: MacStories Apple & News Corp. To Hold Event on Feb. 2 To Announce The Daily

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh god Murdoch and his empire of crap aren't coming anywhere near my iPad. Wish he'd just f**k off with his paywall obsession. Him going on stage could also be seen as an act of desperation...Bastard.

+1, hate Murdock and his faux news, I won't be getting this crap news app. Bill o really and his type will :mad:

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first thought was there probably are not too many fanbois that like Fox News. It didn't take long. Where is your iPad paper from pmsnbc? Maybe lack of ratings in the second part does not bring the money the BIG ratings do in the first part for new and innovating things

Most reactions

Latest posts