What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Any windows remotley from ipad

TCD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gotmyipad.net
I have been trying out a lot of the remote desktop apps and found this really cool one its called Splashtop,It allowed me to remote to my windows XP machine and as long as I was in the same room I could actually use my mouse on my iPad I posted the video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9Bb-n9Z3g,For all you guys that still need to use windows:)

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the commercial version or the free versions? Curious as to how it might compare with logmein? Perhaps you could tell us which of the other remote "DT's" you have tried and how it is superior in your view? Thanks
Jer

OP
TCD

TCD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gotmyipad.net
I also have the paid version of Logmein and used it for over a year and really enjoyed using it.Until I found Spashtop and I believe I only paid 4.99 for it,I found it runs smother than Logmein Just the whole usability is much better for me.And it also has 5 out of 5 rating.

Soupmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys are killing me. I'm using PocketCloud (free) and trying to decide what's the best system ot there. I don't mind paying but would love to see a side by side of the differences between the apps. Does that exist anywhere?
Any help &/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have tried a few remote apps

The one part where Splashtop stands out, is that touch is converted directly, I.e. the mouse courser moves to where you press. With other remote apps, such as Teamviewer, you have to move the mouse courser around, which makes it a lot more difficult to use.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Using Spashtop here as it does all I want. Just found it the easiest to use with win7 & osx.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But these don't work outside your home network, like LogMeIn

splash top dont? dang, i bought it a while back and used it around the house on my network thinking i could actually bring my ipad to work and use my tethered signal from my droix x and access my home laptop! hmm

Soupmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score

splash top dont? dang, i bought it a while back and used it around the house on my network thinking i could actually bring my ipad to work and use my tethered signal from my droix x and access my home laptop! hmm

Are you saying it won't connect via RDP etc? Definite deal breaker. I want to be able to access my office computer from home. So I guess it's back to the drawing board. What's the best app for that?
Logmein; PocketCloud; iTap??? Anyone have side by sides to compare?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you saying it won't connect via RDP etc? Definite deal breaker. I want to be able to access my office computer from home. So I guess it's back to the drawing board. What's the best app for that?
Logmein; PocketCloud; iTap??? Anyone have side by sides to compare?

im not sure...i havent thought to bring my ipad to work yet to try, thats just from the quote i quoted....splash top it what i have, so ima have to bring it to work to try it out..but as i think about it, that may be correct because it searches computers on the current wifi signal my ipad is on

Most reactions