What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor: iPhone 5S and iPad 5 to Launch Mid-2013

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
8272-iphone-5-white.JPG

For the second time in just a matter of days a rumour has surfaced about the possibility of Apple launching an iPhone 5S, sooner rather than later. According to a report on BGR today, Digitimes has published news passed on to it by unnamed market sources, who have told the paper that the next iPhone will be released by mid 2013. Digitimes also says that the same sources have told it that Apple also plans to release another iPad by mid 2013 as well. While the iPad story seems a little unlikely, given that the fourth-gen iPad has only just launched (although you never know, stranger things have happened!), the news about the next iPhone, possibly the iPhone 5S, follows on from other rumours that Apple has already started testing the next iPhone. One credible reason for this is to correct the design flaws that have made the current iPhone 5 rather difficult to manufacture.

Source: iPhone 5S release date rumor: Mid-2013 iPhone 5S launch | BGR

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to see iPad 5 sooner than later. iPad mini, too, if it involves fewer old parts.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why iPad 5? Are we considering the mini 4? In any case, I look forward to the day my "New iPad" becomes the most foolishly named product in Appledom.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why iPad 5? Are we considering the mini 4? In any case, I look forward to the day my "New iPad" becomes the most foolishly named product in Appledom.

Are you asking because you don't know there was an iPad 3 and now there's and iPad 4, as well as a mini iPad? The next full-size iPad will be the fifth one, no matter what Apple calls it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'd like to see iPad 5 sooner than later. iPad mini, too, if it involves fewer old parts.

Well if there is another new iPad I am not buying it lol!!! No justification for 3 iPads unless I sell one or both of them.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS6 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

LilyThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So typical of Apple. I notice not many people are liking the iPhone 5 and they are turning to the Galaxy s3. I saw an black friday ad that the Galaxy s3 will be down to $50.

FastAndFurious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kierandill said:

iPad 5 and iPad mini launched on the same day.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So typical of Apple. I notice not many people are liking the iPhone 5 and they are turning to the Galaxy s3. I saw an black friday ad that the Galaxy s3 will be down to $50.

What so typical of Apple ? Every phone manufacture releases new models at least 2 to 3 times a year so replacing iphones or tablets once a year or even 6 months is normal.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think a 6-month update cycle is something apple needs right now to hold off the competition. And android side is releasing new devices weekly.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LilyThomas said:

Really??? WOW!! I still have iPhone 4 and I am not due doe an upgrade until January. Not sure if I am ready to give up my unlimited plan yet.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I think a 6-month update cycle is something apple needs right now to hold off the competition. And android side is releasing new devices weekly.

That's one area where having multiple manufacturers developing products using your stuff is a benefit. It's apple vs everyone else, essentially. IMO, apple still has the tablet market pretty much in hand. The mini was arguably hardware challenged and still sells well. Give that puppy some more red meat and she's a killer. The full size iPad is just a great product. My second gen unit is still getting it done.

Phones OTOH are seeing big action on the android end. They are gaining market share and momentum.

Sit back and let them all fight it out. Ill take the better and cheaper products, thanks. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really??? WOW!! I still have iPhone 4 and I am not due doe an upgrade until January. Not sure if I am ready to give up my unlimited plan yet.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

Are you on Verizon?

Most reactions