What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotation delay :(

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I rotate my iPad, springboard has a big delay before it turns with the iPad. I think something I installed from cydia is causing it because when you open cydia, all jailbreak things are disabled and the screen rotates faster like it used to. I have been trying to figure out what is causing it. Any ideas?

ItzMar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you find the answer? My iPad2 rotates slower than before I jailbroke it too.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have discovered the biggest culprits are: InfiniBoard, Gridlock, FolderEnhancer, etc. All the stuff we use to add more folder options or more icons to a page. The iPad isn't designed to quickly "re-draw" these items as we rotate (the iPad1 especially!).

For a while, I was getting up to a 8-second delay on my springboard rotation. I removed everything that modded the springboard except InfiniDock and now it's almost as fast as stock.

It's just a thing you'll have to accept if you want all the fancy stuff. Sorry...

Marilyn

carpanta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people say Activator is the main problem, I've spent some time testing, only to find out that SBSettings was causing the delay on my iPad2. Uninstalled it and everything went fine again, even with FolderEnhancer running.

I can't live without SBSettings, springboard taking 1-2 seconds to rotate is not an issue for me.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have discovered the biggest culprits are: InfiniBoard, Gridlock, FolderEnhancer, etc. All the stuff we use to add more folder options or more icons to a page. The iPad isn't designed to quickly "re-draw" these items as we rotate (the iPad1 especially!).

For a while, I was getting up to a 8-second delay on my springboard rotation. I removed everything that modded the springboard except InfiniDock and now it's almost as fast as stock.

It's just a thing you'll have to accept if you want all the fancy stuff. Sorry...

Marilyn

Yep. Your right. On springboard, I have only gridlock and custom grid installed but there is still a 2+ sec delay. In app though, it is immediate, just like stock.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes this really bothers me, it's possible to get too conscious of it. But ultimately I have to agree the tradeoffs are too important to me.

Most reactions