What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rosetta Stone on the iPad?

Satori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks... this is basically a Flash question... but it's very specific. I for one don't really care that the iPad lacks flash support... or at least I didn't care until my university made it possible for us to use their license for Rosetta Stone. I love it... and I love my pad... but it is very disappointing that I can't use them together since the Rosetta Stone interface is ideally suited for the iPad.

Has anyone found a way to get the Rosetta Stone flash app to run on the iPad?

I've heard that SkyFire and other apps enable some flash content to run, but I haven't yet seen one that will do it for actual applications instead of just movies. I also thought about using one of the remote desktop apps and just having my PC run the flash and then stream the screen to the iPad (honestly, there's gotta be a better way!)

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

OP
S

Satori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great question... I've never used it... can anyone confirm?

OP
S

Satori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Indeed it is.. from there to here and here to there, funny things are everywhere

Ser182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke to a rep yesterday because I am going to enable some of my employees to take the online version. They submitted the app to apple but have not received any information on it's approval. It was sent in January. So we will see. I am also waiting this since I have given back my laptop.

OP
S

Satori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App? Are you speaking of something that runs flash or does Rosetta Stone have their own app?

OP
S

Satori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I just got it to work on the iPad using Teamviewer (free) to remote desktop to one of my other computers.... The other computer ran it and I simply provided input via the pad.... Very simple. The only problem is that there's no sound....

Ser182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke to our rep and she said it was their app. So not to sure yet on full details. I will ask Wednesday when we speak again.

Most reactions