What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert B

Robert Bromwich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Sydney, Australia. I am new to this forum & just bought an iPad 3. Great device, but still learning my way around.

I can't figure out how to choose the sender shown for emails I send, as I can on the iPhone. I want all emails to go out as though from one email address on one device, not from home computer, work computer, iPhone and iPad. The iPad is the only odd one out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, you want the return e-mail address on e-mail sent from your iPad to be the same as all your other devices? Or do you want it to not say that it came from the iPad (like a signature tag)? Either way (or both), there's a way to fix it.

On the iPad, in your Settings app, browse to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" line and select it. Near the button of the right side is a line titled "Default Account." Press that and you will be presented with a screen that lists all the e-mail accounts you have on the iPad. Ensure a check mark is next to the e-mail address you want to use. Then, whenever you created a new e-mail, that will be the account the iPad uses and displays in sent e-mails.

In that same area, there is a line titled "Signature." I don't remember, but I think it defaults to sent from my iPad (when you first get the iPad). Just press the line and wither either delete the phrase entirely or make a new one. That should ensure that only what you wish to appear in your e-mail is what you want.

Hopefully, this helps. If I've wandered way off base from your question, please let me know and we'll try again. :). Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
R

Robert Bromwich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. My problem was the first one - my signature is the same for emails from all devices. Unfortunately my problem with the sender email can't be easily fixed because I use an exchange server which in turn has several email addresses. I can't seem to change the email address automatically shown - it just changes back again. Don't have this problem with iPhone - strange. I will have to try back with the exchange server. GOK how. Thanks again. Robert

Most reactions