What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review - Best Skins Ever

BryanS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bryansimms.com
I've been using the protective film product from Best Skins Ever for quite a while on mobile devices like my Blackberry. I'd started off with using the same product made by The Invisible Shield, but found Best Skins Ever to be the exact same thing at a better price.

I ordered the full skin from the manufacturers web site, though they also offer a screen protector only package as well.

The product is a clear rubbery feeling film that as a slight adhesive backing. I've found that it does a good job of not showing oil, which made it highly desirable for things like cell phone screens, the lcd on my Canon DSLR camera, etc. It doesn't show finger prints much on the iPad which I'd expected based on my previous experience.

The slight rubbery feel has been nice because it gives the device a bit of a non-slip feel and does a good job of protecting from scratches. I don't have any trouble with dragging my finger across the screen - the rubbery feel is slight and, while there is some rubbery give to the product, it's surface does feel a bit slick when I slide my finger across it. The combination of grippiness and slipperiness is just right. The iPad full skin kit includes a screen piece that covers everything except the home button, a round piece to cover the home button, a full piece that covers the back, and then several pieces that cover the side.

Installation isn't too tricky but it does get better with practice. The first time I tried installing the stuff on a blackberry I got really orange peely looking results with a bit of ugly glue residue showing behind the film. The application process involves wetting the film and laying it in place, then squeegeeing the water out with a credit card. I found that applying much pressure with a card makes the film look a bit distorted. Pushing the water out with my fingers and a paper towel has gotten me the best results.

Even with what I think is a good install, I do see a bit of orange peel on the screen and have considered removing the screen protector portion of the film. It has remained in place thus far since I enjoy the protection and the distortion isn't bad at all.

I have used their product on multiple devices with great results and have been very happy with the product on my iPad

OP
B

BryanS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bryansimms.com
Thanks Brad - I checked out the manufacturers website and like the look of their stuff. You should post your reviews here - I'll have to follow your links and read them.

Their faux leather skin looks sweet. I noticed that they don't really protect the perimeter of the device like the Best Skins Ever product, but they are actually cheaper then BSE and add a unique look. The BSE product keeps the iPad looking more factory except that it makes the surface shiny.

I might just have to try one of those out if the BSE back film ever starts to peel.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm Bryans report on Zagg's Invisible Shield. It is a marvelous product.
It not only protects the screen very well, it's feel gives you much more "feedback" than the glossy glass. And it takes less fingerprints.

alanok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rarely move mine from my bed, so I did wanna protect it from my cat even though that video is out. i got ipad stickers from sticviews and it cost about 10 bux. ironically i put a pic of my cat as the image that was printed

iForum77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SGP Carbon skin is the best. I grabbed one from Cretouch.com. Love it.

heskey627

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I want to cover my ipad with a new skin. I already had a skin but its to old i need some good looking skin on it, So can any one provide some kind of skins stuff for my ipad.

ilovemyipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Crystal-Silicone-Precut-Protector/dp/B003E8LBVM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279849684&sr=8-6"]skin[/ame] is really great for the price, but I am sold on the cube skin now, just might try one of those.

cole1434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I owned a very flowery skin for my apple i pad, it looks very beautiful and always caught attention. It even protects the ipad from little scratches.

Ipad skins

Jey150bpm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skins

I've never tried SGP's, but I swear by BSE's products. Have/had 3 iphones with BSE's skins and just ordered for my ipad. I love the rubbery feel to it and it doesn't scratch. Installation is a breeze if you follow instructions. Top notch product. Is the SGP a back only piece? Could a BSE front piece be applied as well?

Last edited:

swati89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for best skin ever to prevent my iphone from scratches and any other sort of damage and that also provides cool and trendy look.

ipad skin covers

Most reactions

Latest posts