What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning Ipad possibley for Samsung Gallery Tab due to no adobe cannot watch CW show

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I would be able to watch all my tv shows as I cannot get CBS or CW shows which all my favs are on without Adobe Flash or macromedia. It stinks as I know I will have to pay a restocking fee as well. I did not realize I could not get all my episodes and I know I could join Netflex Or HULU+ etc again another fee as I feel I spent enough on the device I thought that was the point. I thought since in my home we have like 5 ipods...2 MAC's Apple seemed like the logical choice since the account was already set up etc. I am very disappointed any suggestions out there as I am not very computer savvy as most. I just wanted this for TV.books and camera really and of course the internet. I know Samsung gallery tab has adobe our pc in house runs on Windows 7 so I think I would be okay with it. I like everything else but no adobe:( Any suggestions how I can get around this without Adobe? I think there would be more customers for the Ipad if it supported adobe. I have been watching my shows for 2.99 an episode thru Apple this week:( Help me please anyone?

jeffreydc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get Splashtop or iSwifter from app store and u won't have to worry about not having flash ever again.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad and the Skyfire Web Browser.

If you use the search feature (upper left-and corner of every page or the bottom of the iPF App) you'll find numerous, similar discussions.

Hope that helps!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NOTE: Please post any suggestions that can assist the OP, however this thread won't be allowed to devolve into another Flash pro/con thread. TIA! :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I would be able to watch all my tv shows as I cannot get CBS or CW shows which all my favs are on without Adobe Flash or macromedia.

So what you are saying is that you did not do research before purchasing your ipad or you would have known that Apple does not and never has, nor never will, support flash.

Right?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Netflix and Hulu are very worthwhile services to subscribe to. Tons of content and Hulu has many new shows up very soon after they play live. I understand the Flash thing not working for you but there are ways around it as others have pointed out.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With splashtop do you log onto your own computer, or another server someplace?

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a CW app. You can watch all you want for free on your ipad.

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that you did not do research before purchasing your ipad or you would have known that Apple does not and never has, nor never will, support flash.

Right?
agree,always always do your research.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They could have done their research but maybe didn't realize the site was Flash... they did say they weren't computer savvy.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They could have done their research but maybe didn't realize the site was Flash... they did say they weren't computer savvy.

Agreed - and as Ive said a bunch of times: Initial research and reviews will only give you so much information. Owning the device for a while is the ONLY way to fully evaluate it. Almost like a car - you can read good reviews all day but until you drive it and live with it for a while, you cant fully assess whether it works for you or not.

Most reactions