What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RetinaPad

MadBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I jail broke and installed retinapad today, it's running ok, no crashing. However, I have tested it on the Facebook app, and nothing other than the text has changed, the same on street fighter, photosynth, and the lotto app. The only app that has retina images loaded is Live Profile, which still has 1 or 2 standard def images.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I can understand that there are possibly apps that aren't compatible, but all the reviews show that Facebook does work...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well...retinapad is only used for the iPhone apps you have installed on the iPad. It's simply suppose to make all the "jaggies" look smooooother.

OP
M

MadBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well...retinapad is only used for the iPhone apps you have installed on the iPad. It's simply suppose to make all the "jaggies" look smooooother.

Which is what I was hoping would happen, however this isn't the case. Out of the 5 iPhone apps that I have installed and mentioned in my first post only one of them has had its sd graphics replaced by the retina versions, the other 4 apps are just the same as before, one of them being the Facebook app, which is the same app that all the reviews of retinapad use when showing comparisons, so I know this app is compatible with retina pad, but on my iPad it has had no effect.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MadBob said:
Which is what I was hoping would happen, however this isn't the case. Out of the 5 iPhone apps that I have installed and mentioned in my first post only one of them has had its sd graphics replaced by the retina versions, the other 4 apps are just the same as before, one of them being the Facebook app, which is the same app that all the reviews of retinapad use when showing comparisons, so I know this app is compatible with retina pad, but on my iPad it has had no effect.

Go into settings>RetinaPad and make sure the switch is "on" for facebook.

OP
M

MadBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, checked all that, they are all on. I have even uninstalled it, removed the plist file, then reinstalled it. Still the same. Don't really know what else to try.

OP
M

MadBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, not really sure what to do, I may just restore, re jailbreak and start again....

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uninstall retinapad and give fullforce a try....easier than having to restore. If that don't work then restore.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just so folks can see the difference, here are two screenies, one from RetinaPad and one from FullForce, both showing the same screen in the same FaceBook iPhone App...

And of course, I can confirm therefore that RetinaPad works fine with the Facebook for iPhone app.

Attachments

• image-3805285818.png
    image-3805285818.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 364
  • image-2659998678.png
    image-2659998678.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 391

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is why I got RetinaPad. I had initially gotten FullForce. And yes, while it does well for what it does, when I saw my Facebook look like that screenie on the right that f4780y posted...

Blech!

So, now it looks like the one on the left. Ever so much better! And, as far as I can tell, I've not had an app not work with RetinaPad (well, except for SBSettings, but that's ok).

Marilyn

OP
M

MadBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I restored, while most of Facebook now has a better resolution, some of it still doesn't, The Lotto app also doesn't , neither does photosynth, its odd, I will post some screenies when I get a chance.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just so folks can see the difference, here are two screenies, one from RetinaPad and one from FullForce, both showing the same screen in the same FaceBook iPhone App...

And of course, I can confirm therefore that RetinaPad works fine with the Facebook for iPhone app.

Mine don't look like that and recently they don't even start. I get the screen pop up then disappears. I'll post a pic from my ipad.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is all I see. Maybe something is interfering with it?

Edit: this happens to any retina enabled apps. :(

64GB 3G White iPad

Attachments

• image-2882307811.png
    image-2882307811.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 332

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought RetinaPad from Cydia and let me tell you, it is a good reason to JB the iPAD

Most reactions

Latest posts