What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restrictions password

wendydiane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ew to the forum. Have had my iPad for quite a while and really love it. Now a question. Forgetfulness has kicked in and I have forgotten my restrictions password. Is there anyway to reset it? I have tried twice and don't want to lock myself out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Dk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wendydiane said:
Ew to the forum. Have had my iPad for quite a while and really love it. Now a question. Forgetfulness has kicked in and I have forgotten my restrictions password. Is there anyway to reset it? I have tried twice and don't want to lock myself out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Dk

I'm afraid that if you can't remember it,there's no way to recover your password,you'll have to erase all content and settings and restore to factory condition.Do you have a backup of your iPad that predates the restrictions password? If you do, you can set up the iPad from your backup. If you have no backup, you'll have to set it up as a new iPad and download your apps,movies,music,etc. separately.

Last edited:
OP
W

wendydiane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'm afraid that if you can't remember it,there's no way to recover your password,you'll have to erase all content and settings and restore to factory condition.Do you have a backup of your iPad that predates the restrictions password? If you do, you can set up the iPad from your backup. If you have no backup, you'll have to set it up as a new iPad and download your apps,movies,music,etc. separately.

Thanks much. I did exactly what you suggested and made sure I had everything backed up. In the future I will make sure and write down my password somewhere. Thanks again for the help.

Dk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wendydiane said:
Thanks much. I did exactly what you suggested and made sure I had everything backed up. In the future I will make sure and write down my password somewhere. Thanks again for the help.

Dk

I'm glad it worked out for you. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more questions or a problem you can't solve.

Most reactions