What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring one app ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa7shish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For example, if back up my data to iCloud, then I deleted a game by mistake. would I be able to restore only the game with its data from iCloud back up ? I know that I could restore the whole system with iCloud, but I want to know if I could restore only one app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, like iTunes it is an all or nothing restore.

Unlike iTunes you can go into your iCloud backup settings and individually decide which apps will have their data backed up; and it shows how much data that is for each app. Necessary when you are dealing with limited cloud storage.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859

Last edited:
OP
wa7shish

wa7shish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping I could restore one app.

shadic919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, once I upgraded my iPad2 to ios5 it deleted the progress of a game and I contacted the help and they didn't do a vary good help so anyone knows how t get my data back??? Or is that it I also purchased the in app purchases for 100$ which was 2000 bucks but now I lost progress of the game and lost my purchase ;( please someone help me please

The game is called : monster pet shop

OP
wa7shish

wa7shish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only ways I know that you could restore your data are these two : 1- if you backup your data to iTunes. 2- If you singed in in the game with a social network, such as Facebook or twitter.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
I had the same problem. I could see the app in my iCloud app list but it somehow disappeared - got deleted - from my iPad. I read where you have to RESET totally and then restore from iCloud to get just the one app back. I figured I'd pay the $1.99 again rather than go through the lengthy process again. Anyhow, GOOD NEWS, I went to app store and purchased it, then moments later a message popped up saying I had already purchased it. SMART IPAD, SMART! Yay!!!!!!! So I got my app back real quick with With no additional cost! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you look in the Purchased tab (at the bottom of the App Store) it will list all your previously purchased apps, and you can filter for apps that are not currently installed on the iPad. It is also searchable. Might save you a bit of time, next time. :)

cherime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backups work like a block. You have to backup or restore everything at a time at least actually. You can solve it using iTools. Make a backup individually of every app with its records into an ipa file. Then restore the old backup and do it again. Now you have all ipa's each one from the backup you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions