What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset wireless password

Nandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, got mom an ipad and when i was setting it up, i entered the wrong wireless password. how do i reset it to the correct password, i.e. delete the wrong password and enter the correct one. When i tap on the wireless network (which ipad is finding just fine) there is no box to reset the password. thanks for reading.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forget the network after selecting the little arrow on the right then re-add it

-t

Asker24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forget the network after selecting the little arrow on the right then re-add it

-t
I have a worse problem. My wife died, and now I want to sell her iPad2 on Gazelle, but only after resetting it to factory status & deleting everything. Problem is it wants a password that I don't know. Any way around that?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a worse problem. My wife died, and now I want to sell her iPad2 on Gazelle, but only after resetting it to factory status & deleting everything. Problem is it wants a password that I don't know. Any way around that?

First, very sorry for your loss - :( Second, unless you know the password, erasing the iPad for a resale is likely impossible unless someone else has different advice. Finally, the iPad 2 was released in 2011 (I had one, sold nearly 3 years ago) and is not worth much - you might consider just donating the device for parts? Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave is correct. Without the Apple ID and password associated with that iPad it cannot be activated. There is no way to bypass this requirement.

Most reactions

Latest posts