What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report: Apple to unveil iPad 2 on March 2

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Report: Apple to unveil iPad 2 on March 2 - Yahoo! News

If the latest chatter is true, we may finally get our first glimpse at the next iPad in a little more than a week.
Kara Swisher over at All Things Digital says she has "multiple" sources who claim that Apple will hold a media event in San Francisco on March 2.
Apple has yet to officially confirm an event next week, but according to Swisher, the company "seems poised" to take the wraps off the long-anticipated iPad 2, with the event "likely" to take place at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
The story comes just hours after a flurry of rumors that the next-generation iPad had been delayed, with major news outlets eventually backtracking on the claim Monday.
While Apple hasn't said a peep about the new iPad yet, rumors peg it to be both thinner and lighter than the 1.5-pound, 0.52-inch original, with at least one camera for video chat, a souped-up processor, and more RAM.
There had also been talk that the iPad 2 would arrive with an improved screen similar to the "retina" display on the current iPhone 4, but a recent report in the Wall Street Journal shot down those rumors, noting that the new display may "disappoint customers" hoping for a "significant improvement" in resolution.
The news comes just days before the arrival of the Motorola Xoom, a tablet with a 10.1-inch display that runs on Android 3.0 "Honeycomb," the new tablet-centric version of Google's mobile Android platform.
The next iPad also faces competition from the upcoming, Android-powered LG G-Slate, RIM's BlackBerry Playbook, and the WebOS-powered Touchpad from HP.
Update: Both the New York Times and Reuters (via Yahoo! News) are now independently confirming the (still unofficial) March 2 iPad event.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All rumors, and March 2 is literally one week from today so one would think it would be known by now.

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is official that iPad 2 will be announced on march 2nd. Is it going to be on sale same day? That is questionable. I think I will wait till iPad 3 as of now

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple has issued invites to the unveiling now, I'd say that's pretty official.

Not to be a disagreeable PITA, but I followed several links to various press announcements that announce this much anticipated Apple Media Event press announcement to announce the much anticipated iPad 2 they have not acknowledged yet, and there was only guesses as to what the announcement would be about. No official word from Apple that the event will be about iPad 2. At lease as far as I can find. I'll accept that I might have missed something.

So I'll wait and see what I see when I see it.

But . . . you are likely correct and the iPad will be officially announced. Or the iPhone 5, or Steve Jobs retiring and being replaced by Al Gore or the former Avon Girl.

Probably a safe bet that it will be all about the new Android powered iPad 2 with transflective stereoscopic Retina Display, a Carbon Fiber case, built-in phone, true stereoscopic Face Time, 5G data capability, available in a 7-inch size and a 11 x 14 size, and the ability to read and write USB Flash Drives; for only 149.95 at your local WalMart.

Still no Flash, however.... Bummer

I hope they announce the iPhone 5 available exclusively through Cricket and Boost Mobile.

Bob Maxey

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid you have missed it because if you look on the web for a pic of the announcement invite it has a pic of an iPad on it. It looks like something is being peeled away to reveal an iPad. There's no doubt now that the announcement will be about the iPad.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm afraid you have missed it because if you look on the web for a pic of the announcement invite it has a pic of an iPad on it. It looks like something is being peeled away to reveal an iPad. There's no doubt now that the announcement will be about the iPad.

We will know when we know and that means when Apple says so. And as I say, you are likely correct, the iPad will be announced.

Bob

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple did say so. You can't get much more obvious than sending out an image of a calendar with the number "2" written big and bold with an iPad behind it.

Are you really still doubtful?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple did say so. You can't get much more obvious than sending out an image of a calendar with the number "2" written big and bold with an iPad behind it.

Are you really still doubtful?

No, just saying nothing I read on the web says anything specific, just a big announcement about something, and the "proof" that it is an iPad announcement is a calender with an iPad peeking out. The logo or icon could mean anthing and just because it shows an iPad, we assume the announcement has to do with the iPad. Again, it likely does, but I am anal about proof.

I hear about the email, and as of yet, I have not seen it. Seen the icon, cant verify it came from Apple. Lots of talk of this email invite but I cant find a leaked copy of it on the web. And that is telling to some degree as the "world" is waiting for an announcement and so far, nobody has posted a copy on the web.

So we are all waiting for any scrap of news and we have read about this email invite, and if it existed (probably does) I know there are some people working for apple that would leak it.

So, again . . . Bob will wait until Apple announces it.

Bob

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we are all waiting for any scrap of news and we have read about this email invite, and if it existed (probably does) I know there are some people working for apple that would leak it.
...if they want to lose their job!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...if they want to lose their job!

LOL . . . that has never been a barrier before. Important info leaks out and from reading the web, it is info lots of folks want. I am sure there are leakers at Apple, too.

Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts