What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement screen

Niconyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I discovered a large crack in my ipad screen. I'm not sure how it got there and my kids and husband claimed to have no knowledge:) Anyway, I found a place in nyc who replaces screens and had good feedback online. They fixed it in a few hours, but when I got it home I noticed the screen is really inferior to the old one - there is a sort of visible gridline visible under the glass. Has anyone experienced this with a replacement screen? I'm going to bring it back but have the feeling they will tell me its normal. There is also a lot of dust under the new screen which I hope they can remedy.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 with an original screen and, for sure, if you look at the screen at a 'slant angle' you can just about see a visible grid line under the glass - it's very faint, but it's definitely there. But no dust....

Tim

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would take it back and have them see if they can take out the dust under the screen. It really shouldn't be there.

Most reactions

Latest posts