What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove encryption before iOS 5 upgrade?

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a strong password set and iOS 4 will wipe the iPad 2 after 10 bad guesses set with the iPhone Configuration Utility. I know that there was a problem maintaining encryption last time when Apple upgraded iPads from iOS 3 to iOS 4. It was eventually recommended to remove passwords and encryptions before starting the upgrade process. After successfully upgrading, the password/encryption could be reapplied.

Does anyone know if this will be the case this time around going from iOS 4 to iOS 5?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were you I would remove then re apply the passwords to be on the safe side, even if said it isn't necessary!

OP
stevnim

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgrade successful!

Yesterday, I updated apps, rem'd the pwd/encryption, updated iTunes and did a sync. About 15 min after iOS launch, connected the iPad, downloaded and installed iOS 5 w/o any problems. It did take about 2 hrs however for the d/l + install. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to put back the pwd/encryption. Thanks for the support everyone!

Most reactions