What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remotely adding pictures videos to another persons IPad 2

Nano1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!, thanks in advance for the help.

the situation is, my father just called and told me he has got a brand new Ipad 2. We are 4 brothers and sisters living all four as expatriates in other countries, and I would like to know, if by using his name and password (I guess every Ipad user has a name and password.. I dont have myself any apple product....yet) we could be able to upload directly pictures and videos of us into his Ipad. I know he has got a 3G flat rate contract, so I suppose he will sync quite often....

Him being a total catastrophe with gadgets, it would be perfect if us four children could use Itunes or other software, to update the photo galleries on his Ipad.

I have long researched this possibility, but unfortunately found nothing...

thanks again pals, and long live the creativity!

Nano.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

That's a good question you pose. You could always email photos and videos and he can access them this way and save them to his iPad. He would have to purchase an app to play the videos though and they would be saved on the app also. I think that may be the simplest way.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use the same iTunes account, and enable photo stream, any photos that you put on your iPad will automatically show up on his.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all the family members though, won't they start over writing each other's content when each person connects to upload files? Never tried it so I don't know. Maybe the iCloud service would work? One other thing you could do is put the pictures into a zip file, upload them to a server space, create a logmein.com account and have your dad add his computer to the logmein account. Then you could remotely login to his computer, download the zip file and move the pictures into his iTunes so all he has to do is sync his ipad and then they'll be on there. I have a logmein account and have a few relatives computers on there as we live in different areas so it's nice to be able to remotely fix things for them... espeically my 84 year old grandpa :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
With all the family members though, won't they start over writing each other's content when each person connects to upload files? Never tried it so I don't know. Maybe the iCloud service would work? One other thing you could do is put the pictures into a zip file, upload them to a server space, create a logmein.com account and have your dad add his computer to the logmein account. Then you could remotely login to his computer, download the zip file and move the pictures into his iTunes so all he has to do is sync his ipad and then they'll be on there. I have a logmein account and have a few relatives computers on there as we live in different areas so it's nice to be able to remotely fix things for them... espeically my 84 year old grandpa :)

It doesn't overwrite, it just adds to the camera roll.

OP
N

Nano1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks a lot for the answers.

So the fact is that it is not possible to do this in a simple way (without sending zips, emails, online storage...). Pity.

What about if I had an Ipad or an Ipad 2 and I had my fathers Itunes account. Could I upload pictures into the folders (say, just to the folders created by me) and would the pictures be automaticly syncronised on his Ipad whenever he is online?

I am looking for the simplest method to transfer pictures. The simplest for the receiver. I could use Itunes, or anyother method. He should be able to have them though in his galleries without too many clicks....

It will happen to us too. In a few decades implanted computers will be driven by the thougts of our mind, and we will be crying to our grandchildren "in the old times we had touch screens and everything was easier..."

Corollarium: "grandpa...uhm... what's a touch screen?"

manic9803

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nano1977 said:
Hi, thanks a lot for the answers.

So the fact is that it is not possible to do this in a simple way (without sending zips, emails, online storage...). Pity.

What about if I had an Ipad or an Ipad 2 and I had my fathers Itunes account. Could I upload pictures into the folders (say, just to the folders created by me) and would the pictures be automaticly syncronised on his Ipad whenever he is online?

I am looking for the simplest method to transfer pictures. The simplest for the receiver. I could use Itunes, or anyother method. He should be able to have them though in his galleries without too many clicks....

It will happen to us too. In a few decades implanted computers will be driven by the thougts of our mind, and we will be crying to our grandchildren "in the old times we had touch screens and everything was easier..."

Corollarium: "grandpa...uhm... what's a touch screen?"

Dropbox? Try it and see how it works for you.

Most reactions