What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop from iPad to PC

ciarsciars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone suggest a product that will allow me to remote desktop from an iPad to a PC without having to configure firewall rules i.e. a product similar to Cisco webex, where by both parties join a meeting. I have tried webex and while it will allow me to view the PC desktop, the option Share Desktop is greyed out.
Many thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely - Splashtop is totally great. An app for the iPad and an app for your PC. You tell the iPad app and PC app your gmail address (seriously!) and this is all it needs. It's magic!! I've used it to access my PC - connected to my ADSL router by WiFi - from all over the world using the iPad on both WiFi and 3G and it works seamlessly with no configuration changes needed at all.

Tim

jkasuto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
There's a free, limited-viewing-time, version too, so you can try it at no risk!!!

Tim

Hi there,
New to iPad. Wanted to try the free version before buying full version but could not find it. What is the exact name of the free version so that I can get it from the app store.
Thanks

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is awesome, by the way the have an update on the slashtop streamer..!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Absolutely - Splashtop is totally great. An app for the iPad and an app for your PC. You tell the iPad app and PC app your gmail address (seriously!) and this is all it needs. It's magic!! I've used it to access my PC - connected to my ADSL router by WiFi - from all over the world using the iPad on both WiFi and 3G and it works seamlessly with no configuration changes needed at all.

Tim

I agree. The only place I cannot access my desktop from using splashtop is my college campus. I've tried all the fixes on the website but nothing fixes it. It works from everywhere else but school.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I agree. The only place I cannot access my desktop from using splashtop is my college campus. I've tried all the fixes on the website but nothing fixes it. It works from everywhere else but school.

Does your college use a proxy server?

Tim

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just been following this thread and I went ahead and purchased Splashtop on the strength of what you wrote. It is absolutely priceless! Thank you all for inadvertently pointing me in the right direct.
:)

Reaction score
Is Splashtop comparable to Teamviewer?

Yes but Splashtop also allows audio to stream . For just manipulation of the desktop/laptop it is fine and fast.
An advantage to Team Viewer is it is free and if you aren't using streaming with audio it's fine.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

henweee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Splashtop comparable to Teamviewer?

Yes but Splashtop also allows audio to stream . For just manipulation of the desktop/laptop it is fine and fast.
An advantage to Team Viewer is it is free and if you aren't using streaming with audio it's fine.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Thanks for the comparison. I might just pick it up.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Does your college use a proxy server?

Tim

I'm assuming they do. I contacted the tech department and they couldn't give me a straight answer and acted all baffled when I explained what I wanted to do...why on earth would one want to access their pc remotely from an iPad? Lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF - 64gig iPad2 White WiFi

Most reactions

Latest posts