What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

recovery mode- chasing my tail.

jlauf11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plugged my iPad2 in to sync and add a document and was notified that there was an update. I elected to download the update, which never downloaded. I got a message stating "Itunes had detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with itunes." So I select restore at which point I am told I need to restore and update so I do and after 30-45 minutes the whole process starts again. I've attempted this a few times with the same result. My iPad is of literally no use right now and I actually need to use it. Please help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be worth trying a reboot. Press and hold both the Power and Home buttons together, with the iPad switched off, for about 10 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad should reboot.

If the problem persists, get back in touch...

Good Luck

Tim

OP
J

jlauf11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that and it gives me the screen showing the cord and the itunes symbol so I plug it in and it does what I described above.

Most reactions

Latest posts