What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recovering photos from old back up files???

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im hoping you guys in the hacking section would have more of an idea around this one, especially as your always changing firmwares and jailbreaking etc.
Recently I've been searching online to see if I can recover photos from a back up file. (I know it's been asked before and u pretty much can't restore them from the device with any program, but how about the back up file?
The issue is I have sold my iPod touch now, but I have the back up files on my old pc still. So can I recover the photos from these back up files, without having an ipod touch anymore, so that I can move them to my iPad.
I did originally make a back up of these to my 1tb hard drive, but I accidentally knocked that over and destroyed the spindle on the drive, so gutted I lost everything. Now the only way I can see me getting these pics is from the old back up files from my old iPod. Can anyone tell me if I can get them back or not. I hear a lot of people say you cannot but i have found so much online to support both theories, I'm just wondering if it can be done or not? especially as I don't have the iPod no more.
Many thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of to try is the computer program called "iBackupBot." It's free to try, then you have to pay. I've successfully used it before to dig into one of the backups for my iPad.

I haven't used the program in over a year, I used it with an iOS 4.x backup and I don't know how well (or where) it will find pictures. With all that out of the way - maybe its worth a shot? I do know you can do a lot of digging around in the backup because the iBackupBot program will let you. So, maybe it'll help.

Again, that's all I can think of. Maybe (hopefully?) someone else might come up with something else. Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts